Volks Decors Weissmel 1:8

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

elemental

Volks Decors Weissmel 1:8

Post by elemental » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:09 am

I recently finished this kit.

Decors

If you want to see the images full size, there is a link near the top.

I only wish Volks had given him eye glasses, like he has in the Black Three episode. Other than his head, he is pretty much sculpted exactly as seen in English volume 26.

Decors was hand painted with acrylics over aerosol enamel base coats. Recast kit, but excellent casting quality. Especially considering I bought it earlier this year and it was released a few years ago.

fwmc04

re: Decors

Post by fwmc04 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:20 am

Hiya!

Nice paint job - I knew that kit could look better than it did in the HJ pictures! Could you make glasses from wire? Or find a pair at a dollstore?

Tina

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:48 pm

making your own glasses... an intriguing idea.

I've already mentioned this elsewhere elemental, but nice job! 8)

The great backdrop really adds to the presentation of the kit in the photos. And the goopy eye stuff is a great personal touch.

Need an Est. :twisted:

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:02 pm

Don't forget the black lipstick.

As for the goopy eye stuff... your mascara would be a bit messed up too if you had just invaded float temple and killed a few mirage knights. 8)

Maybe I could photoshop my Tomo Est together with Decors. Use some digital trickery to overcome the difference in scale. Hmmm... stay tuned. :)

Sadly I don't have the skill to be making glasses. I might keep my eyes open for some dolls glasses next time I visit a hobby store. Thanks for the suggestion, Tina.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:28 pm

Nice job with painting this figure. I like what you did with the eyes, too.