What Up At Gears Online

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

What Up At Gears Online

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:22 pm

I've been posting a number of updates lately so I feel good enough to make another post about what's going on at Gears Online.

In Gundam, the Hathaway's Flash and Crossbone Gundam sections have been converted to the new code base and style sheet. After I convert the Original In Games section the whole Gundam section will be revised. At that point I'll feel good about getting back to Tyrant Sword of Neofalia images. I've got some GM images to clean up. Every legitimate chapter of Gundam has to have a new GM design, it seems.

My boss approved a new computer for me and a license for Adobe's CS2 suite of software. With the latest version of Photoshop loaded up it's like having wind in my sails again. So, back to lineart clean up. :)

In a few months I may succumb to the Dark Side (TM) and start scanning Akitaka Mika's Gundam Girls images. Is Gears Online the kind of site to "sell out" by posting dopey fan boy material? Yep! It doesn't hurt that it would be a very simple section to work on. No research, no writing. Just clean up the scans and call it good.

As for Five Star Stories, I think we've got a good momentum going and I don't plan on slowing that down. Nu Soard is submitting profiles, we've got the Twin Towers rough translation and knowledgable people on the message board are submitting great info. I plan to work with the team to expand our coverage of Nagano's fascinating universe.

What about Super Robot Wars? I don't know. It really depends on what kind of help I can get with it. If a good profile writer comes on board I'll start busting out updates.

In short, Gundam and FSS are in the future. When Tyrant Sword is put to bed I'll get on Cruise Chaser Blassty. I can't make promises on the frequency of future updates but if you're patient you'll see them. Oh, and help with Gears Online is always appreciated. :D

P.S.
Believe in the sign of Zeta!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Re: What Up At Gears Online

Post by hitori » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:20 pm

Tachyon wrote:In a few months I may succumb to the Dark Side (TM) and start scanning Akitaka Mika's Gundam Girls images.
I'll gladly join the Dark Side™.
It is useless to resist the Gundam Girls...