Mecha Anime Collecting Project

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tezuka-Sensei

Mecha Anime Collecting Project

Post by Tezuka-Sensei » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm

How awesome to find a site dedicated to mecha! Anyway, I'm a member of a private bit torrent tracker called Animebytes. I and a few other users on the site have been working on a project to collect every single mecha anime series/ova/movie ever made. Sounds like a daunting task, especially considering the sheer number of mecha anime that has never seen the light of day in the english language. There are some fansub groups specifically working on mecha anime, and we keep track of their work. Some of us on Animebytes (myself included) work on cleaning up audio/video quality and edit poor quality subs for some mecha anime that need that sort of attention. We've got a nice sizeable collection going, but we're far from finished. We also have onsite wiki pages and other material related to our mecha project on the site. I've just started working on a "knowledgebase" section of our wiki to inform people about lesser known franchises, and studios/artists who specialize in mecha. Our numbers, (those of us working on this project), have been dwindling a little bit, though I'm hopeful some of my colleagues will return at some point. So I'm looking for a few more people to help with this project.

I will initially refrain from posting a link to the animebyt.es site, just incase the admins of this site would rather not have it posted. As it's a private tracker, you might need an invite to join. I have plenty to go around though, so if you're interested PM me or just reply to this topic. I'll provide a link if the admins give me the OK to do so!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mecha Anime Collecting Project

Post by Tachyon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:59 am

I'm the admin here and I give the OK. Sounds like a great project. I'm certainly interested.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tezuka-Sensei

Post by Tezuka-Sensei » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 pm

The site is: http://www.animebyt.es

They've been having some server issues the last few days, (site & tracker), but they're working on it. If anyone needs an invite to register I have plenty to go around. Just tell me your e-mail and I'll send one your way.

Tachyon, I tried to send you an email to tachyon@gearsonline.net when I was registering and it bounced back saying the address doesn't exist. :?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 am

I had to change the Email address to deal with spammers. Try http://www.gearsonline.net/contact/contact.php
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.