One more for the road - Suku Suku Scratch Translation!

Write a review or respond to one posted on Gears Online.

Moderator: kosh

fulcy

One more for the road - Suku Suku Scratch Translation!

Post by fulcy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:53 am

Alright, so a few years ago I started getting my Dengeki Hobby Magazine subscription - and for a few months they ran this series of how to articles called SukuSuku Scratch - how to scratch build many different things, cast parts, etc. At the time I was just learning how to make custom parts, make molds from these parts, and then cast the parts to make homogeneous parts, and to reproduce parts I needed multiples of - so this series of articles helped me immensely. However, there was one problem - it was all in japanese, and I could only go on what I could glean from the pictures. Long story short, I found a guy who was willing for a small fee to translate 6 or 7 of the articles for me. Once I had the text, I cleaned it up, and then redid the entire page layout to make it all look nice and clean, and then added the pictures and text to it - and got a rather nice result - which I am now sharing with you. This was the first article I had translated - I have several others translated, just need to find the time to format and compile them. Click the pics, and enjoy!

Last edited by fulcy on Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:40 am

Heya Fulcy,

Who's the translator guy? I could keep him in cash for a long time... ;-)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:34 am

Great stuff! I'd love to see more if you have it. Do you host these pieces at your own Web site? If so I'll link to them. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind hosting material like this at Gears Online.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

fulcy

Post by fulcy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:24 pm

Tachyon wrote:Great stuff! I'd love to see more if you have it. Do you host these pieces at your own Web site? If so I'll link to them. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind hosting material like this at Gears Online.
I'd love to have more time to sit down and format the other translations! ;) I have them up on my comcast website, so they are hosted on my own website - but feel free to put them up here too (just give credit where credit's due! ).