FSS Kit Purchasing

Trades, Sales and Exchanges of FSS Items

Moderator: kosh

fulcy

FSS Kit Purchasing

Post by fulcy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:35 am

Alright, so I'm relatively new here, and relatively new to the FSS model building scene - I've got a few kits, and regretably they are recasts from e2046 (mostly because I couldn't find the originals for sale anywhere). I know of several FSS kit makers - Volks, WSC, G-System (though I've been told G-System's sculpts aren't the best when compared to Volks and WSC). I know where to get G-System kits (either HobbyFan or Mechadream), but where do you guys get your Volks or WSC kits? Trolling Ebay? Yahoo Japan? Or other distributors that I am not aware of? Thanks for any and all input you guys can give!

KOG

Re: FSS Kit Purchasing

Post by KOG » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:45 am

fulcy wrote:Alright, so I'm relatively new here, and relatively new to the FSS model building scene - I've got a few kits, and regretably they are recasts from e2046 (mostly because I couldn't find the originals for sale anywhere). I know of several FSS kit makers - Volks, WSC, G-System (though I've been told G-System's sculpts aren't the best when compared to Volks and WSC). I know where to get G-System kits (either HobbyFan or Mechadream), but where do you guys get your Volks or WSC kits? Trolling Ebay? Yahoo Japan? Or other distributors that I am not aware of? Thanks for any and all input you guys can give!
First off... G sys doesn't sculpt any FSS kits, really. All the stuff they offer right now is (slightly modified) recasts of Volks or WSC kits. Mostly WSC stuff. Though I think the G sys ashura temple may be a Volks AF series recast. But KOG, Bang Doll, Schpeltor... these are WSC recasts. The G sys 1/72 KOG AT is recast from a Kaiyodo kit. The upcoming 1/48 Bang Doll from G sys is primarily a scale-up of the WSC, I think.

Where do I get originals? HLJ mostly. They have a good stock of original WSC kits. And they have some of the newer Volks items, and some re-issued older Volks items right now. Hobbysearch also has some FSS originals for order, under the garage kits/other anime robots category.

If you want any of the truly old originals, it's best to browse Yahoo!Japan auctions, and have Celga help you bid on things.

fulcy

Post by fulcy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:13 am

KOG wrote:First off... G sys doesn't sculpt any FSS kits, really. All the stuff they offer right now is (slightly modified) recasts of Volks or WSC kits. Mostly WSC stuff. Though I think the G sys ashura temple may be a Volks AF series recast. But KOG, Bang Doll, Schpeltor... these are WSC recasts. The G sys 1/72 KOG AT is recast from a Kaiyodo kit. The upcoming 1/48 Bang Doll from G sys is primarily a scale-up of the WSC, I think.

Where do I get originals? HLJ mostly. They have a good stock of original WSC kits. And they have some of the newer Volks items, and some re-issued older Volks items right now. Hobbysearch also has some FSS originals for order, under the garage kits/other anime robots category.

If you want any of the truly old originals, it's best to browse Yahoo!Japan auctions, and have Celga help you bid on things.
Well then, I guess you learn something new every day! Does that also apply to G-Systems Gundam models? Are they just slightly modified versions of other people's works?

I'd love to try to use Yahoo Japan, but I have no idea how to search their listings. Looks like I'll browse through HLJ....

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:20 am

fulcy wrote:Well then, I guess you learn something new every day! Does that also apply to G-Systems Gundam models? Are they just slightly modified versions of other people's works?
With gundam, it's a mix. Some of their smaller scale stuff is recasted from B-Club or other kits. Most of their larger kits are original sculpts, I believe.

I'd love to try to use Yahoo Japan, but I have no idea how to search their listings. Looks like I'll browse through HLJ....[/quote]

Check this link.

http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/auc?p=fss

Then just start clicking on links and seeing what's available. If you have the money to buy something from Y!J, just give celga the URL of the item you want, plus the amount you want to bid. They do the rest. The only downfall of bidding on Y!J items through celga is the attached service fees. But if you have the cash, go for it...

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:22 am

To be fair, G sys did sculpt 3 original FSS kits, one is the upcoming 1/48 Cross Mirage, the other is Elvis Lee's Wave 1/100 Auge and the Art Gallery's 1/100 Apache.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet