North American FSS DVD release

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Hellequin

North American FSS DVD release

Post by Hellequin » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:26 pm

As a point of interest to those who didn't get the R0 japanese release, the FSS movie is being released in america.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc ... s/3791.php

No dub, and from the poking around I've done looking for info, it looks like it'll be identical to the japanese release in terms of extras and content.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:15 pm

Is this the same one I've seen a few years ago? The old one that was in VHS?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:55 am

happy hopping wrote:Is this the same one I've seen a few years ago? The old one that was in VHS?
Well, since there isn't any new movie, I guess it must be the old one.

:roll:

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:50 pm

It's the same FSS movie we all know and love/hate. If you're asking if this is a VHS release then... uh.... no.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:48 pm

This is good news. That means it will get a very wide distribution via national chains (Sam Goody, Suncoast, etc) and more people will be exposed to FSS...which will hopefully allow them to sell more of the Manga.
Shinei!

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:24 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:This is good news. That means it will get a very wide distribution via national chains (Sam Goody, Suncoast, etc) and more people will be exposed to FSS...which will hopefully allow them to sell more of the Manga.
Being officially released on domestic DVD, being well stocked by major chains, and actually being purchased by customers... these are three very, very different things.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:40 pm

True. All I was saying is that the potential for this to happen exists now. Now all these new anime fans have a chance to see what this thing is all about. Of course its very different from the current crop being churned out in Japan these days, so it will likely get lost in the shuffle...
Shinei!

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:47 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:True. All I was saying is that the potential for this to happen exists now. Now all these new anime fans have a chance to see what this thing is all about. Of course its very different from the current crop being churned out in Japan these days, so it will likely get lost in the shuffle...
I suppose I think the likelihood of new anime fans picking up a FSS DVD in a video store is about as likely as a new manga fan picking up a translated english FSS manga volume in a comic shop. I.E. not terribly likely.

Speaking of the manga, any word on when vol 27 and 28 should be out?