The "Gathering" WIP thread

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:55 pm

She isn't glued at all, just pinned. And where there's joints, the joints are assembled.

There's a couple of places with glue.. but that's only parts that stay the same colour without masking. So yeah..

Just waiting on my primer from R10 now. I finished the other veil and arm last night. She's all cleaned and ready to go.

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:59 pm

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it -__- (work, other crap getting in the way ) I won't stop, though... I wanna see this thing done even if it takes all year

yp

Post by yp » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:58 pm

Akuma Sephitaro wrote:I don't think I'm going to be able to make it -__- (work, other crap getting in the way ) I won't stop, though... I wanna see this thing done even if it takes all year
Hmm, sorry to hear that... But you still have 20 days~ Is there any chance of getting it done? Although, I can understand that you wanting to make it perfect~

As for me, I did ended up start working on the Last JuNon. Got pretty sick and tire of rescribing virtually all the lines and corners... But mananged to get all the parts cleaned up except the arms and shoulders.

shiezzel, any updates on your part?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:04 am

Hi yp,

No updates here except I'll be trying to complete Volks Prominence instead of the SR-1>_<.

I can relate to what you're going through with the Last Junchoon. Even for an original kit, the quality is poor. I guess it is understandable due to the age of this kit. Good luck on that!

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:24 pm

yp wrote:Hmm, sorry to hear that... But you still have 20 days~ Is there any chance of getting it done? Although, I can understand that you wanting to make it perfect~
Yeah, it's hard... But I'll see what I can do

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:26 am

I did a little bit of test painting on the Prominence today. I wanted to see how the orange I mixed will look on the Prominence. Check out the difference in the orange on the left leg. What a huge difference the lighting makes!

The first picture of the leg looks like pink :? . The second looks closer to the actual part. I'm still thinking if I should tone it down a bit and go with another shade of orange...

http://photobucket.com/albums/v477/shei ... rominence/

EDIT: I ended up stripping the leg and hope to mix a new orange that looks similar to this http://www.geocities.jp/solidmodel2/v_s ... lation.htm

yp

Post by yp » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:23 am

Well guys, Last Junchoon stands :D
Just finished cleaning up the parts.

I have pinned the KOG AT kit from Kaiyodo and placed it next to the Last Junchoon. Kind of wanted to compare the sizes~

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:26 am

Is that a metal sword?

yp

Post by yp » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:52 pm

Sheizzel wrote:Is that a metal sword?
Yeah, it is. I snatched one of the blades from WSC kits.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:45 pm

yp wrote:
Sheizzel wrote:Is that a metal sword?
Yeah, it is. I snatched one of the blades from WSC kits.
Ah, I see. That was what I was guessing.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:16 am

Damn temperature keeps changing. I can't keep my paints warm long enough.

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm

YP, going to do the Patra soon too? (Love that thing... Need me a resin of it )

yp

Post by yp » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:20 pm

Akuma Sephitaro wrote:YP, going to do the Patra soon too? (Love that thing... Need me a resin of it )
Hi AKuma, I am not sure if I will work on it next.. I am thinking about it^^
At a glance, the kit somewhat looked smaller compared to others, and I just pinned it up to see how small it was. But as you can see, it stands up well with others.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:12 pm

AH!~!! April 1st is soon approaching and I still don't have a kit that's near completion>_<. I hope I can finish my Prominence by that time, if not, near finished :P .

Here's how the upper body looks like.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:06 am

Hi guys,

Tachyon has been very helpful and willing to set up a gallery for our use, so thank you very much, Tachyon! :D .

For those who are interested in joining and have your pictures posted in the gallery, Tachyon will be happy to accept pictures and informations and post them online.

With that being said, anyone up for a bit of fun in naming this gathering event or a title for the gallery?

These are what I thought of and the reasoning behind each choices(sorry if they sound stupid :P ).

Gathering name:

"MORTAR HEADD GATHERING"- A no brainer :P

"GATHERING of the FLAGS"- I thought of this because of the various types of MH we will be seeing that are the flagship MH of various kingdoms.

"MH Invasion"- Hopefully an army of MHs will show up when the time comes :D .

Gallery name:

"Mortar Headd Factory"- A place where MHs are made.

"Five Star Workshop"- Stole this name from a HK recasting house :oops:. Then again, they are stealing profits from the workshops in Japan :roll: .