Update to Sentinel Pages

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:35 pm

Well, when 2 Humming Birds love each other very much... No. Just kidding. The blue and red Humming Birds are identical machines. The image with the red one with drop tanks was a 2-page spread and too difficult to scan. I used the blue one to show that there are 2 color schemes for the Humming Bird.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:31 am

preview8
preview9
preview10
preview11

The line art images are done (I could only find 4). Now to try and get some info and start coding the page.

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:21 am

I am impressed,I didn't know hummingbirds were so well.........endowed. :D Seriously great line art though,can't wait to see the rest of the Z Plus stuff.The Sentinel section already thrashes MAHQs' Sentinel stuff and it just gets better all the time.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:28 am

The Humming Bird page is up now. Why bother when you've already seen the images here on the message board? Well, I added 4 model photos.

I couldn't find much info on the Humming Bird. The Gundam Watch message boards are pretty quiet; no response to my questions. I'm hoping the pages I sent off to the volunteer translator will help.

Anyways, now I have to sort through lots and lots of Z plus images trying to decide what's worth scanning.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:21 pm

Ahh, nice images. Good job, good job.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:47 pm

The AIB Z plus and BN Z plus have been added to the mobile suits page. Does anyone have any information on them? I don't know anything about them.

I was digging for variant images and found the April 2002 issue of Dengeki Hobby Magazine. They ran a bunch of Z plus model photos. The B in mobile suit mode and some snappy C4 photos will help pad out those pages.

There are so many model photos of the C1 and A1 that it's just silly...

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:19 am

According to what I've been able to find out,the A1B was a competitive design with the Z Plus D for a wave rider intensive,air/space superiority gundam.I suppose that means that it was to be used more in wave rider mode than in suit mode.The BN,which is actually an older design than the A1B,was a wave rider intensive,low level attack unit,somewhat akin to the A-10 Thunderbolt II.Hope this helps and I will love to see the image of the Z Plus B in suit mode,just to see how close my modified line art came to properly depicting it.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:11 am

I'm getting some time this weekend. The Z plus B is up now on the mobile suits page.

Is it the A1B or the AIB? I was going off of page 157 of Gundam Wars III.

In a few days I'll have the D and C4 up.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:33 am

As far as I can tell it's A1B.I am pleased,looking at the photos of the Z Plus B in suit mode and comparing it to my line art,I only made one error,the tail binder does show just a touch above the shoulder.That's easy to fix and not a headache or disappointment in the least.Thanks Tachyon. :D
Do you understand?

Temjin

Post by Temjin » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:33 am

Ah, I love that Z B head. Thanks for sharing, keep things up. :)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:59 am

The Z plus D is up now on the mobile suits page.

The C4 should be up in a few days. I still need to clean up the images. The A2 should be right after that (very few images).

Thanks for the comments, everyone. It's nice to know someone is paying attention. Negative comments are ok too. Just don't get too nasty. :wink:

kosh

Post by kosh » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:59 pm

The new stuff looks good Tachyon,by the way I don't have any negative comments because there's nothing negative to say about your work.It all looks great and shows the dedication and effort you're putting into Gears on line.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:58 pm

The Zplus A2 and C4 were added to the mobile suits page today. Just the A1 and C1 are left now. Don't expect them this week. There's lots of images to sift through even before I start scanning.

I just discovered last night that page 74 of the Gundam Wars III book has great information on the fleets of the novel story and 2 maps showing where specific events took place. I'm going to see if I'm up to doing the translation.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:59 am

Awesome Z Plus images Tachyon,the A2 and C4 are two of my favorites.You're right about there being to many images of the A1 and C1,they're a dime a dozen.Hey don't forget about the C1/2,it's the C1 with a head mounted high mega cannon like the A2,I still can't find any data about the A3(other than what MAHQ has)so it's still a mystery unit like the R and E.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:33 am

I wonder where a person turns for "unsolved mysteries" of Gundam Sentinel. I think we'll learn a lot when a translator joins the team here.

I've cleaned up the images for the A1 from the Gundam Wars III book. I still need to scan the more recent line art images and a few color illustrations. I may include a few model photos.

The C1 will follow but don't expect it this week.