Is This a Good Deal? (1/100 KOG )

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Akuma Sephitaro

Is This a Good Deal? (1/100 KOG )

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:03 pm

Since I'm in the need for one, and this one seems to show up on E-bay often...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 31958&rd=1

What do you guys think?

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:20 pm

That's a fair price for the G-Sys recast.Good subject matter.

As for the kit, you gain on certain details, others are very slightly dulled. Good quality for a recast though, and less than half the price of the original model.
John F. Moscato

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:39 pm

Just need to see if I can afford it... (Christmas shopping, other models..... ) Ah well, I'll get me a 1/100 KOG some day....

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:20 am

From that link you post, that company sells me two kits, each kit has missing part. He then hided behind his email address when the incident heats up. Beware of that piece of work.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mini-Van-Hobby-S ... eZl2QQtZkm

Irwin at Mini Van Hobby, email: fl256@shaw.ca are very reliable, and can get you the above for a lesser price.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:03 am

Hmm...I'm not sure what went wrong in your transaction with him. empire-imports is Roy from Mechadream and all the people who've dealt with him had nothing but the nicest thing to say about him and the service he offers.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:54 pm

What Sheizzel said.

Besides, Roy doesn't produce or package the models; the cause for the missing part ultimately lies with the bootleggers/recasters who, may or may not be inclined to rectify little hiccups of this nature.

FYI, I got an original 1/72 Kaiyodo Patriarch mirage from HLJ with a missing part(wrist armor), and when I tried to get a replacement part, e-mail after e-mail to them seemed to have fallen into a black hole, cos I never, ever got back so much as a peep from them on that subject.
John F. Moscato

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:53 pm

Sorry to hear that, John. Ever solved the missing part problem for the Patraqushe Mirage?

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:37 pm

Ha ? Weird, I bought a LED Mirage IP kit and there was a missing part (the head more exactly, which is quite problematic), I mailed them, and they contacted Wave and sent me the sprue with the head (so I had a bonus shield), I had nothing to pay.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Hi Sheizzel.

I ended up selling off the Patriarch along with the bulk of my collection on Wax Trax during the "great purge" a few years ago. The missing part was a big issue when I got the kit in '96, but should the same situation occur now, I'd just sculpt my own part; infinitely easier and faster than going through the BS of begging and hoping to get a replacement from the seller.
John F. Moscato

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:02 pm

Hi John,

I see, so you sold it...I thought you would have just sculpted your own if you still have the kit with you right now. My G-sys Refined 1/72 AT/Patraqueshe was purchased from Roy/Mechadream.com years ago. It's one fine kit, although I thought Tani could have done better with the original sculpt. Anyway, there was a part missing, a hinge for the sword was missing without me knowing. Roy then had requested the part from G-sys and had it sent to me. I hope to build this kit, one day :roll: .

bkito

Post by bkito » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:30 am

Ive ordered three kits from Roy at Mechadream/Empire Imports and all have come with all the parts. I'd do business with him again with confidence.

BK