Were do you get them?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Shadowbrooke

Were do you get them?

Post by Shadowbrooke » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:50 pm

Where do you get your issues of FSS? Reason I ask is that the company I ordered mine from could only produce about half of the English FSS issues I wanted and paid for so... :evil:
I am now looking for another company now were I can get issues 1 to 26 brand new delivered to my house! Please let me know cause I am getting desperate, almost though about buing them on e(vil)-bay!

Shadowbrooke

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:34 pm

Here you go:

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/KINOKUNIYA/mofaq.html

These are the people who first made the deal with Toyspress (Nagano's own company) to distribute FSS in the U.S.
Diamond Comics is also supposed to distribute them, but apparently they've become disenchanted by the lack of sales (due to lack of advertising). I don't even know if Diamond is even still distributing them, but Kino is obligated to do so. Nagano's one requirement when they asked him if they could do an english translation of FSS was that if they began this translation, they continue until the final scene is drawn, regardless of sales (I do so dearly love Nagano).

My suggestion is to call the Kino nearest you and find out if they have the issues you want on stock. If not, call the L.A. or Costa Mesa Kino, they will most likely have them (they get regular shipments of back-issues on a regular basis, or at least they did when I lived in Southern Calif)

Of course, if you are not within the United States, then I'm not sure what you need to do. Perhaps you can make a deal with someone who can order the books for you and ship them to you. Shipping could get costly in that case though.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:51 pm

http://www.akadotretail.com/shop/shop_s ... ?id=fssset

I ordered from them and they seemed ok.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:52 pm

I buy mine from nagashu1019 of eBay.
This seller is actually Kinokuniya Bookstores of Costa Mesa, CA.
They ship quickly and communications are prompt.
Free shipping for over $100 when shipping within continental US.

This is a good thread. :D
You should make this a Sticky, Tachyon...

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:24 am

Thank you guys for all the good info, I guess I will be spending all day on the phone tomorrow :D

Thank you again guys and have a good one,

Shadowbrooke

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:39 am

Not sure if it'll help, but usually I get them at local comic shops here in Britain. I have used Amazon before too.

SteamTrooper

Hi

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:35 pm

Hi Poseidal - just wondered what part of our green and pleasant land you reside in?

Adam (Leicestershire)

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:20 pm

Either Bristol or Reading, depending on the time of year.

MASARU

Post by MASARU » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:29 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Here you go:

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/KINOKUNIYA/mofaq.html

My suggestion is to call the Kino nearest you and find out if they have the issues you want on stock. If not, call the L.A. or Costa Mesa Kino, they will most likely have them (they get regular shipments of back-issues on a regular basis, or at least they did when I lived in Southern Calif)
This was my tactic. I'm closest to the NYC store, and they just keep my name and card on file. Everytime they get new volumes, I automatically get a shipment. I don't even know it's coming. Awesome surprise when it does. Not sure if other Kino's do this "subscription" thing, but I love it.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:18 pm

Hi again Pos - you have a holiday home or maybe u r the student type - or you just lucky enuf to move around as and when?

Two prety nice places non-the less. :)

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:56 pm

I'm a student, so I've basically pigeonholed myself into only two hobbies that cost me money, one being FSS, and the other being L5R ccg. Generally, I try doing things that don't cost anyting, like RP as a player (not GM).

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:33 pm

I bought my English editions in person at the NY Kinobuniya (Just 1-5 so far )

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:21 pm

living in chicago (not near any Kino stores) its HAAARD to get FSS issues (and the comic shop near me could only get in ish 10 and 22), where do you recommend? :?:

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:40 am

I've been ordering from akadot as I am in the middle of nowhere in western canada pretty much, no chance of getting an item such as fss.

Apparently the books up to 13 are old verisons though so i'm not going to buy any before 13 from them.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:56 am

yes, Akadot is great. Ordered some from them and got them straight away.

Also, ordering from any nearby Kinokuniya book store is good also, though Akadot seems to keep them in stock better than Kino (don't know why)
Shinei!