New to FSS - Trying to Figure Out What to Do

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

EarthOutOfView

New to FSS - Trying to Figure Out What to Do

Post by EarthOutOfView » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:18 am

Hey everyone, I was just lookin for a good mecha anime/manga when I came across FSS, which I am now really interested in reading.
Problem is I'm having a hard time finding the books, and I'm a little confused about this whole "reboot" thing.
I read through some of the other threads on here and noticed that nowadays pretty much everyone has trouble finding the books, so my question is basically this:
With how hard it is to find the books now is it even worth trying? And if not, then whats up with this reboot? Will there be English translations that I could get and just not worry about the original 12 volumes? Or will the reboot be strictly japanese?
And in the event that it's basically hopeless to ever own all the books in English, I was wondering if someone knows of a site with scanlations of the entire series.
Thanks beforehand to anyone who can help me out.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New to FSS - Trying to Figure Out What to Do

Post by Tachyon » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 am

The Reboot volumes in Japan are the same manga. The only difference is a few minor name and text changes here and there.

The English translations of FSS are pretty hard to find now. I had some trouble getting mine and that was years ago. The message board here has some translations of books 11 and 12 but not 1 through 10.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

EarthOutOfView

Post by EarthOutOfView » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Dang I figured as much.
Well I guess I'll just keep an eye out for all 12 and hope for the best.
Thanks for the quick response btw :)

Paltenon

Post by Paltenon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:59 am

It's pretty easy to find scans of the entire series, so there's no excuse for missing out on the greatest manga of all time. I don't feel bad about having downloaded them, since reading the scans is what made me track down every volume minus no. 23 and purchase it new. I was lucky - a comic shop near me had a bunch, and the rest were still available from a Kinokuniya bookstore in California. I think I got some of their very last copies. As I said, if you're not so lucky, google is your friend.