NETFLIX: The otaku's best friend?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

NETFLIX: The otaku's best friend?

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:04 am

Just a news flash for those who have or can acquire a Netflix account. It has recently updated in the past month or so and added dozens of anime tittles (mostly from Funimation) that are available via DVD in the mail or by Instant Watch streaming over a connected network. I watch them through my PS3.

My girlfriend and I watched Claymore, which was awesome beyond description. Best show I've seen in a while (well...second best if you count Macross Frontier). My girlfriend fell in love with the show since she's into just about any show where girls do the butt kicking.

I am currently in the process of watching 3 different shows: Devil May Cry, Blassreiter and Aquarion. Devil May Cry is the anime based on the hit videogame series from CAPCOM. Blassreiter is a really cool "Guys in armor fight each other" show. It's getting really good and I'm almost at the half-way mark. Aquarion is a Super Robot show from Shoji Kawamori. Very interesting premise. Super powered humans ("Elementals") who are trained to pilot a combining robot. This robot can combine in multiple different configurations and depending on who forms the head, the robots powers change. They are fighting an enemy somewhat similar to the Angles from EVA. I'm very interested to see how this is going to play out. Hopefully it won't devolve into a mess of melodramatic psychobabble like similar shows have in the past *COUevangelionGH* Ahem, excuse me.

Anyway, there are a ton of other shows on there I want to watch. Its going to take a while before I catch up. Busy busy!
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NETFLIX: The otaku's best friend?

Post by Tachyon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:02 pm

I'm on Netflix too. I'm going to rent Blassreiter sometime soon. I just got my surround sound working so I'm looking for nice things to rent. I prefer to rent my anime on DVD so I can watch it subtitled.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.