FSS Designs questions

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

CrusherJ

FSS Designs questions

Post by CrusherJ » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Does anyone know how much information from the Designs books is in the back of the English translations of the manga and on Gears? Are the books worth getting If you have all of the manga volumes, but no other printed material? I can get them from Kinokuniya ($42 for Books 1 and 2, $36.40 for Book 3), just wondering if they're worth it.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FSS Designs questions

Post by Tachyon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 pm

We've got some people on this message board that could answer this question real well. As for myself, the text in the FSS Designs books is all in Japanese. I don't know how much text is repeated but I think there's a lot of new material. The FSS Designs books were published after the first 10 volumes of the manga were translated to English.

Can anyone help with this one?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:45 pm

CrusherJ wrote:Does anyone know how much information from the Designs books is in the back of the English translations of the manga and on Gears? Are the books worth getting If you have all of the manga volumes, but no other printed material? I can get them from Kinokuniya ($42 for Books 1 and 2, $36.40 for Book 3), just wondering if they're worth it.
Almost no information from the Designs series of books is in the English volumes. The English volumes were done being published by the time the Designs series was released. There is some information re-published in the designs books that were from other books in the characters series, and much of that information is translated in the back of the english volumes, but pretty much all of the new information and new character pictures are only found in the Designs series.

The designs books are very nice for FSS fans to own. Not quite on the same level as Knights Flags or Smoke Walls, but they are a must for collectors and completeists (of course)
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:33 am

The designs books are very nice for FSS fans to own. Not quite on the same level as Knights Flags or Smoke Walls, but they are a must for collectors and completeists
That's certainly true. I have Designs one through three on my shelf.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.