[Quiz] Guess the characters in the picture

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:02 pm

Depending on how this guy is, he could turn out to be on the favorites list. I mean, he does have the coolest MH (excuse me, MM) in the galaxy....
Shinei!

ro3159

Post by ro3159 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:44 pm

I guess last one is Dr. Maessen(one of the Pied pipers).

ro3159

Post by ro3159 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:01 am

Rubel Colus wrote:BTW, what's the english version's names for the titles of Sword Master, Sword Saint, etc? The headliner's titles?
Sorry, Sword Master is my incorrect translation. Yes, Sword Master means Sword Saint. There is such a way of saying, L'Hyper Chevalier or Fleur de Hyper Chevalier(French?).
Last edited by ro3159 on Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mave1

Post by Mave1 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:20 am

Dr. Maessen? Why would he join the FEMC? :shock:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:16 am

ro3159 wrote:
Rubel Colus wrote:BTW, what's the english version's names for the titles of Sword Master, Sword Saint, etc? The headliner's titles?
Sorry, Sword Master is my incorrect translation. Yes, Sword Master means Sword Saint. There is such a way of saying, L'Hyper Chevalier or Fleur de Hyper Chevalier(French?).
I dont know the proper names myself, coz I dont have the English version. I'm trying to find out from them :P

For the jp version, Sword Master seems to be those knights with the "wing" emblem. There's abit of difference in meaning as compared to the others. Dupre is 天位 (Heavenly Position) but is not "Sword Master". "Schaft" is both a 天位 and a "Sword Master" - he wears the "wing" emblem.

Anyone help me confirm on the official english terms used? Thanks :wink:

Back On Topic:
Dr. Maessen !! it does look him! ro3159, do u have the official answers to this quiz?

It was rumored that Dr. Maessen will fight for the Mirage Knights.. maybe on a temporary basis. Not sure... unconfirmed rumors. :?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:29 am

Anonymous wrote:Somebody that holds more power than Amaterasu...i guess politically then? Strange...he cant/or wont help them? But instead butts in on the fighting in Hathuha?

Im sorry but your answers raise more questions from me LOL :oops:
Neiper is some sort of a supervisor of all people in Amaterasu family - which include the Emperor himself, Mikoto and FEMC (since they belong to Amaterasu, not AKD). He can pass judgement on all of them. However, Neiper will have no say in any political issues regarding the governing of Grees or AKD. More of a family thing :wink:

He fights in Hathuha for a personal reason - he is displeased with people claiming the Engage is the most "beautiful" machine. To him, the MM Auge is most beautiful. Yeah, kinda crazy :roll:

ro3159

Post by ro3159 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:57 pm

Mave1 wrote:Dr. Maessen? Why would he join the FEMC? :shock:
No, he is not FEMC. But he uses the mirage machine during Majestic Stand according to Knight Flags. If you have Knight Flags, see the sectoin of "AMATERASU KINGDOM DEMESNES".

ro3159

Post by ro3159 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:18 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:For the jp version, Sword Master seems to be those knights with the "wing" emblem. There's abit of difference in meaning as compared to the others. Dupre is 天位 (Heavenly Position) but is not "Sword Master". "Schaft" is both a 天位 and a "Sword Master" - he wears the "wing" emblem.
Wing emblem means "Knight Master". You can find "Sword Master" in Aleen Bruford (Main Characters section), JP 8. That is [Aleen Bruford Mirage Knights #21.Sword Master]
I distinguish "Sword Master" from "Knight Mater".

There is not yet official answer about thesilhouettes.

Ok, I list all title related Knight.

Teni, Super Master(spell?)
Syou Teni, Hyper Master(spell?)
Gou Teni, Mega Master
Kensei, L'Hyper Chevalier, Fleur de Hyper Chevalier, Tai Teni
Knight Master
Sword Master
Chibalries
Kuro Kishi, Brack Knight
Highlander

Mave1

Post by Mave1 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:22 pm

I have Knight Flags, but since i cant read japanese i can only look at the purdy pictures :cry:

I guess the info about Maessen is described in the text?

I think the correct knightly titles will be more accurately described when the english version of jp v10 rolls around since large portions of 10 is about granting these titles. (to Christine V amongst others)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:40 pm

ro3159 wrote:
Rubel Colus wrote:For the jp version, Sword Master seems to be those knights with the "wing" emblem. There's abit of difference in meaning as compared to the others. Dupre is 天位 (Heavenly Position) but is not "Sword Master". "Schaft" is both a 天位 and a "Sword Master" - he wears the "wing" emblem.
Wing emblem means "Knight Master". You can find "Sword Master" in Aleen Bruford (Main Characters section), JP 8. That is [Aleen Bruford Mirage Knights #21.Sword Master]
I distinguish "Sword Master" from "Knight Mater".
Ah... yes... :oops: its Knight Master... I got confused with Sword Master :oops:

Thanks

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:37 am

ro3159 wrote:
Ok, I list all title related Knight.

Teni, Super Master(spell?)
Syou Teni, Hyper Master(spell?)
Gou Teni, Mega Master
Kensei, L'Hyper Chevalier, Fleur de Hyper Chevalier, Tai Teni
Knight Master
Sword Master
Chibalries
Kuro Kishi, Brack Knight
Highlander
Teni Ranks: (Teni translates as Heaven Position or Master?)

Kensai (Sword Saint. The Highest attainable rank in swordsmanship. Only 1 Headdliner at a time can be Kensai)
Syou Teni: Greater Heaven position (Hyper Master? I like it! Like Kensai, only one HL at a time can be Syou Teni)
Gou Teni: Lower Heaven Position (Mega Master. As Kensai above, only 1 at a time)
Teni: Knight Master (lots of these guys running around!)

Other tittles:
Black Knight (only 1 at a time. The Knight that Est chooses as her true master and pilot of the Vatshu)
Silver Knight (Aside from Kensai, Kaien is aslo called "The Silver Knight". Is this yet another tittle for Kensai, or is this the official tittle of FEMC #1?)
Sword Master (Is this different from "Teni"? the "Nu" in Nu Soard Graphite is supposed to signify a Sword Master, or is this merely the tittle of a sword instructor? If so, then why isn't Allen Braford called "Nu" Allen Braford?)
Chivalry (this is apparently what Headdliners were called in the AD Era. Chivalries were far more powerful than Joker era HL's so there should be a distinction. In the english version, this is translated as "Chevalier" even though in book 9 it is written in english as "Chivalries". Chevalier is probably the correct version as the definition of Chevalier is Knight or Courtly gentleman.)
Highlander (tittle given to the strongest knight of Fillmore. The War Leader who has the authority of the Emperor on the field of battle)
L'Hyper Chevalier: A fancy tittle for Kensai
L'Holy Chevalier: A fancy tittle for Syou Teni (Kaien's son, Dupre is called L'Holy Chevalier. He is Greather Heaven Position right?)
Note: The tittle of "L'Hyper Chevalier can be extended to seem even more poetic. In Smoke Walls, Kaien is called L'Hyper Chevalier de Five Star Stories and Madra Moroi is called L'Hyper Chevalier de Rose! She becomes Kensai some time after the death of Kaien.

Did I get all that right??

What, pray tell, is Kuro Kishi?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:53 am

Teni Ranks: (Teni translates as Heaven Position or Master?)

Literally means Heaven Position. Just the "ordinary" heaven position :o almost everyones a Ten-i recently :D

Kensai (Sword Saint. The Highest attainable rank in swordsmanship. Only 1 Headdliner at a time can be Kensai)
Syou Teni: Greater Heaven position (Hyper Master? I like it! Like Kensai, only one HL at a time can be Syou Teni)

This one is Lesser Heaven position. Syou=small or lesser. But u're rite only one person at a time. Now held by Olkaon Harris (spark's joker daddy :roll: ) Supposedly top #3 Knight, but we know FSS :roll: there's Aisha, Rognar, blah blah...

Gou Teni: Lower Heaven Position (Mega Master. As Kensai above, only 1 at a time)

Gou = Strong. Higher position than Syou, held by Jackos now, previously Hitosai (fillmore old guy). Supposedly top #2 Knight

Teni: Knight Master (lots of these guys running around!)

u're rite about that :D there are supposed to be less than a 100 of them total tho :roll: .

Other tittles:
Black Knight (only 1 at a time. The Knight that Est chooses as her true master and pilot of the Vatshu)
Silver Knight (Aside from Kensai, Kaien is aslo called "The Silver Knight". Is this yet another tittle for Kensai, or is this the official tittle of FEMC #1?)

dunno much about this title. Seems like Kaien started this thing and passed the title to Jackos. Nothing to do with FEMC. Not sure on this :?

Sword Master (Is this different from "Teni"? the "Nu" in Nu Soard Graphite is supposed to signify a Sword Master, or is this merely the tittle of a sword instructor? If so, then why isn't Allen Braford called "Nu" Allen Braford?)

What does the official english version say? does it mean Kensai? Sword Master, as pointed out by ro3159, is different from a KNIGHT master. Knight masters are those guys with the "wing" emblem, like Schaft, Ena (seen on her MH Phantom), etc. They are being "recognised" by the Kensai for their outstanding abilities.

Chivalry (this is apparently what Headdliners were called in the AD Era. Chivalries were far more powerful than Joker era HL's so there should be a distinction. In the english version, this is translated as "Chevalier" even though in book 9 it is written in english as "Chivalries". Chevalier is probably the correct version as the definition of Chevalier is Knight or Courtly gentleman.)
Highlander (tittle given to the strongest knight of Fillmore. The War Leader who has the authority of the Emperor on the field of battle)
L'Hyper Chevalier: A fancy tittle for Kensai
L'Holy Chevalier: A fancy tittle for Syou Teni (Kaien's son, Dupre is called L'Holy Chevalier. He is Greather Heaven Position right?)
Note: The tittle of "L'Hyper Chevalier can be extended to seem even more poetic. In Smoke Walls, Kaien is called L'Hyper Chevalier de Five Star Stories and Madra Moroi is called L'Hyper Chevalier de Rose! She becomes Kensai some time after the death of Kaien.

I think there's gonna be a Magdal Chevalier - pilot for Sopp's Goat Mirage.

Did I get all that right??

What, pray tell, is Kuro Kishi?

kuro = black. means black knight :wink: