Keep Your Fingers Crossed...

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keep Your Fingers Crossed...

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:40 pm

By 5pm today my wife and I will know if ours was the winning bid for a home near my office.

I mention this because if I have a house to live in (rather than a little apartment) there will be room for my books and computer right where I live. That should translate to more frequent updates.

Yow!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Altron

Post by Altron » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:20 pm

yeah, but we should cross out fingers for things other than updates. I mean, your life is more important than updates. I wish you and your family the best of luck on that bid.

You'll get it!

*knocks on wood*

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:30 pm

We got the house. I should be setting up a new Gears Online work room in 3 weeks.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:47 am

Congratulations Tachyon,I'm happy to hear you got your house.Welcome to the world of sweating the mortgage payment,property taxes,up-keep,etc. :D It's all worth it though,good luck with your new home.
Do you understand?

Altron

Post by Altron » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:27 pm

I knew you'd get the house! I should open up a fortune telling shop. I seem to always predict the future accurately, including political elections.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:02 am

OK Altron,warm up those psychic vibes.Who wins for president in November?And if you say "Dubya",I'm going to cry.
Do you understand?

Altron

Post by Altron » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:12 am

Trust me, I'd cry too. It's going to be Kerry. That just the way it'll be. The universe's cosmic power will be unbalanced and doomed to end if Bush wins.

(Sorry about bringing up politics on a neutral board)

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:17 pm

*Falk experiencing the board outside of the sweet, warm, friendly FSS perimeter :D *
Altron wrote:*knocks on wood*
Mmh, so in english you knock on wood ? Hehe, it's always interesting to see some equivalents for the expressions, cuz' it's usually hard to find while it's quite useful to give tone to a message without using dozens of smileys.
FYI, in french we just "touch the wood" :wink:

Ah well congrats for your house Tachyon^^

Altron

Post by Altron » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:10 pm

Whoa... that's just... whoa.

You touch the wood? I tried doing that just now, and I feel so incomplete. Maybe you feel the same way when you knock on the wood.

Interesting. What other expressions do you have? (maybe this should be a new topic)