Any info on Harricone Melody and Optical Tai Phone?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

CrusherJ

Any info on Harricone Melody and Optical Tai Phone?

Post by CrusherJ » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:08 pm

Basically what the subject says. Haven't come across any detailed info on Harricone except that she was a sword sage very young and died very young. Also heard that Tai Phone is supposed to watch over time or something like that and has the special classification of "Silent Flawless" so just wondering what is the significance her existence?

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:18 am

First of all, Harricone is a he, not a she.
The bloke became Sword Saint at the earth-equivalent age of 10, and went on a campaign spree across Rond. He died in battle against the Chieftains (Sentries of Xio), a secret organization that is a remnant of the Farus Di Kanon SE. The Sr-1 and the Kaienken that Arr lugs around was originally his, as was Optical. Since he's backstory at this point, it's understandable that there's nothing on him.

Tai Phone... Well, she was sent as an observer to a time warp (for want of a better term) in the middle of the galaxy, so she's basically stuck in nowhere. The record of the entire universe that she keeps, the Monarch Sacred, is the titular Macguffin of the (8th?) story arc. The reason for her title is presumably because she was created to be a recorder for humanity, and people wanted to honour that. KF mentions some deeper purpose that nobody knows, but that's what appears to be the case.

Other than that, she's an unknown like Harricone at this point - true, she's one heck of a fatima to partner up with him and go on a rampage on a continental magnitude, but that's about it.

Oh, and she saved Diamond Neutral from being sucked into a black hole.

CrusherJ

Post by CrusherJ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:31 pm

Cool thanks! Based on the picture I saw of Harricone he looked like a she, but I guess that's because he was so young. Thanks for the reply, that's more information than I had before so I appreciate it!