What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Tachyon » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:24 am

http://www.gearsonline.net/srw/images/poster1.jpg

Gears Online is going to get busy again as I dust off the scanner and catch up on old files. The link above is a Super Robot Wars poster I cleaned up tonight. There's a second one I should have cleaned up by tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm also going to scan 2 Bang Doll color images for Sheizzel. I didn't forget, man! I'm just slow! I think we all owe Sheizzel a "thank you" for his updates on FSS model kits.

Well, let's see how much I can get done this weekend.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:56 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/srw/images/poster2.jpg

Ok, here's the 2nd foldout poster.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:44 am

The 2 Bangdoll images are scanned and only the seams need to be rubbed out. I'll make an update notice tomorrow and perhaps have time to include the LED Mirage Luna Unit A. The Luna Unit B is a 2 page spread so I don't know if I'll get to it tomorrow.

Shinji Aramaki has already been added to the Designers page. I'll announce that to the general public tomorrow. I wish I had some Mospeada and Garland images to scan but I really don't.

I think by Monday I'll be able to start building pages for the Tyrant Sword images I've already cleaned up. I'll scan some model photos to go with them so that everyone understands how the mobile suits are painted.

Nu Soard said he's working on some more FSS profiles. Hopefully we'll see those soon. I'll also start cleaning up GPenguin's Quo Vadis images next week. They don't need much clean up at all so that should go fast.

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:26 am

nice i love the 1st once since im a getter robo fan

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:52 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/updates/

Finally, a real posted update for Gears Online. Some Super Robot Wars, a new designer, Gundam Girls and some FSS.

FSS fans will notice that the last image of the Bang Doll looks different from Muse's Bang Doll. An older design of Nagano's or simply a different Bang Doll? Interesting question...

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:13 pm

Wow! I noticed that new Zaku girls are girls from Keroro Gunso. :wink:

I case you don't known, it's anime involve frog-like aliens that attemp to take over this Earth but lots of unfortune events, along with their behaviour, prevent it. I only read manga, but will grab the anime when got a chance.

This series is ultra popular (I think it rating even exceed Gundam SEED DESTINY for a while) and full of homage to Gundam. For example, Sergent Keroro (leader of alien group) is addict to Gunpla... At least twice that he almost destroy Earth but stop when main character (Hinata Fuyuki) remind him that there would be no new Gunpla if Bandai gone. Or Kiroro (the red frog) once got mention to be "three time faster". I was readed from Gunota Headlines long ago that Hajime Katoki (yeah, our beloved Hajime!) wrote script for episode or two!
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:11 pm

Thanks, Kuruni. That helps me understand the flyer I scanned. I was wondering what those goofy looking creatures were.