Berlin SR2

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

elemental

Berlin SR2

Post by elemental » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:43 am

This topic started in the modelling section, but it's no longer about modelling, and I thought some of you non-modellers might like this.
John F. Moscato wrote:As per the link you posted above, the upcoming kits (in order) are as follows:

-Ashura Temple prototype 03<--not quite sure which one this is

-Temple Berlin SR-2

-Flamberge Temple

-Jade Temple SR-3
Original link here

Notice on the WSC site those Temple Series MHs are denoted as A, D, F and J.

KOG and I did some thinking about this, and it seems obvious that A is for Ashura, F for Flamberge, J for Jade, and D for ?????

D is for ドラクロア which is (apparently) Dorakuroa Temple aka Berlin SR2.

Now the fun bit. Search for Dorakoa and you will find it is reverse Engrish for Delacroix. KOG informs me that Delacroix means "Of the cross" in... French. And what just happens to be the language spoken by Colus...? French :D

So, the Berlin Sr2 is actually the Of the Cross Temple, or Temple of the Cross, if you prefer.

And of course, the Berlin SR2 is a main player in the anti-AKD (bloody cross) movement.

So, we have another of Nagano's amusing word games. :)

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:17 pm

Actually, "do-ra-ko-oh-rah" is about as close as the katakana can get to De La Croix; no reverse anything implied here.

The very name "Colus", as well as the pre-war rally on Juno in book III where the people are chanting "vivela Colus" (which should actually be "Vive Colus") were clear indications of Nagano's penchant for the french language.

Also, I remember translating the word "Junchoon" from katakana many years ago, and it actually comes out as "Junon." Yet more french :D

Incidentally, the Cavalry C prototype Cross Mirage seen in book II was early on refered-to as "Blanche Nuit de Walklure", which literally translates as "white night of Walklure". I'm not entirely sure if nagano meant "nuit" to mean night (time), or Knight, which translates as Chevalier. His french is not quite perfect, but infinitely better than his english; kudos to him :)
John F. Moscato

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:11 pm

John F. Moscato wrote: Also, I remember translating the word "Junchoon" from katakana many years ago, and it actually comes out as "Junon." Yet more french :D
oh yes, Junon/Junchoon.... related to the planet Juno.
His french is not quite perfect, but infinitely better than his english; kudos to him :)
:shock:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)