One Fan's Thoughts on Designs 1

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

One Fan's Thoughts on Designs 1

Post by Tachyon » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:23 am

After flipping through the pages of FSS Designs 1 (and wishing I could read the Japanese text) I've decided I like it. There is more old art than new but a number of the old images are real hard to find. There are some gems in the back like images of the Taika Universe that I thought I'd never get my hands on. Some images are re-printed that I'd only seen before in old, out of print art books for L-Gaim. If the FSS Designs is the first in a series of 4, I'm elated.

The new images are certainly new to me. Those who subscribe to the Japanese edition of Newtype Magazine probably won't see much that is new, though.

The information on the AKD royal families and Mirage Knight designations will probably help a lot of fans out (once we start seeing the fan translations). I might even put out some effort and take a stab at translating the list of knights on page 68.

All in all, worth the money and especially valuable for those who don't own Characters 1 through 11. Pick up your copy today and let ol' Nagano and his crew know that North American fans love his works just as much as the Japanese.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.