FSS and Newtype Magazine

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

FSS and Newtype Magazine

Post by Tachyon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:37 pm

I've been wondering today about Five Star Stories' relationship with Newtype Magazine. First off, has anyone heard mention of when FSS manga will resume in the pages of Newtype?

How has FSS managed to maintain so strong a relationship with Newtype Magazine (Japanese edition) over the years? When the FSS manga is running it takes up a pretty good page count. That can't be easy. I'll bet there are a lot of people who would like to get their own manga serialized in Newtype. Has FSS maintained a strong fan following among Newtype readers? Or does the editor or owner of Newtype have a good relationship with Nagano?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:58 am

FSS exists because Newtype asked Nagano to expound apon his L-Gaim details. Things like, "Why is there the figure of a girl in the L-gaim's head?" They let him cut his teeth with "Fool for the City" before going full bore on FSS.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:33 am

That's cool. Thanks for the info.

But the relationship has continued for years. Surely financial concerns enter into the picture at some point. How has the relationship remained so strong for so many years?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:34 am

I'm just going to state the obvious and say that it was due to popularity.

I mean in japan, the fans just eat FSS right up.