Volks Prominence - WiP

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Volks Prominence - WiP

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:55 am

I got jealous by looking at the progress made by Jinnai on his Red Phantom :P . So, I've resume painting on the Prominence.

Starting with the feet-

Leg-
Last edited by Sheizzel on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:40 pm

very nice. Is this your first paint kit? Are you going to spend the time to paint more than 1 color on the skeleton or just leave it as black only?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:38 pm

Yes, this will be my first kit, if I do finish it. The frame was actually a mixture of Blue+Red+Black. After a few coats it does look more like Black, rather than a very dark shade of purple...And no, I won't be adding other colors to the frame. According to Knight Flags, the frame is supposed to be very dark.

Last edited by Sheizzel on Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:54 pm

It looks great so far, glad to see you working on it again ^__^

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:52 pm

Actually, if we're going by the artwork, it sorta looks like the 2 cables on the upper arm (just under the shoulder) are supposed to be a different color from the rest of the frame. They seem to be a dark/dirty/bronze type of color? Not sure if I'm describing the color well, but it certainly looks different from other parts of the frame.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:45 am

Yeah, those hoses are supposed to be dark brown-ish. I guess I got lazy and missed that part...Ah well, it's too late for me to strip it because I've glued those hoses. I'm happy enough with the rest of the colors that I won't have to worry about those hoses on the arms :P .

V-Siren

Post by V-Siren » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:22 am

Wow awesome...Prominence! looking real good,i cant wait to get one lol...i hope it gets finished soon!

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:00 am

Orange was sprayed on to the skirt armors earlier today.

BTW, anyone knows any good free picture hosting site that does not limit how big of a picture you can upload? Photobucket, which is the one I'm using has a limit of 512kb per pic so I am not able to post bigger pictures>_<.

Last edited by Sheizzel on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:04 am

Looking good Jack. Can't wait to see some of the smaller details and colors added in. Looks like you just might finish this one. :)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:17 am

KOG wrote:Looking good Jack. Can't wait to see some of the smaller details and colors added in. Looks like you just might finish this one. :)
I would like to start practicing with the detailings for this kit soon, just to see how I would do.

I'm aiming to finish this one in the next 2-3 month, although that sounds impossible to many of you, and myself included :P . I recently registered for a contest I wish to join for fun, so I would like to be able to make the deadline and have something to send in. I should be in good shape if I push myself to work on this kit regularly :) .
Last edited by Sheizzel on Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:38 am

Sheizzel wrote:I'm aiming to finish this one in the next 2-3 month, although that sounds impossible to many of you, and myself included :P . I recently registered for a contest I wish to join for fun, so I would like to be able to make the deadline and have something to send in. I should be in good shape if I push myself to work on this kit regularly :) .
Well if you miss this deadline there is always e2046 summer contest... 2008. :)

I use imageshack for hosting, but they have a 1024kb file limit. Not sure if that is any help to you.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:26 am

2008...Hopefully I'll have my second kit finished by that time :P .

Thanks for suggesting Imageshack. As you can see, I've replaced those tiny pictures you hated so much. Although the pictures aren't too clear, I hope now I can escape the death penalty? :P

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:20 am

Two kits finished by 2008... that's crazy talk! :D

As for the death penalty... I'm not sure, but perhaps you should stay clear of Texas? 8)

Seriously though, your old photos were bigger than 640 x 480, weren't they? Even if they weren't, your pics have always been super clear and actually show off your model nicely. What I was complaining about the other day was tiny blurry pics that show no detail. You know the ones... you can make out which MH it is, you can (usually) tell which colours it has been painted, but that's about it. Those types of pics are no fun at all. :wink:

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:22 am

I must say the new bigger pics are even better than your old pics. Good stuff. :)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:34 am

elemental wrote:Two kits finished by 2008... that's crazy talk! :D

Seriously though, your old photos were bigger than 640 x 480, weren't they? Even if they weren't, your pics have always been super clear and actually show off your model nicely. What I was complaining about the other day was tiny blurry pics that show no detail. You know the ones... you can make out which MH it is, you can (usually) tell which colours it has been painted, but that's about it. Those types of pics are no fun at all. :wink:
Who knows, things might go a lot smoother after I finish this one. At least I hope it will :) .

My old pictures are indeed 640x480. The problem with me is that I always have to keep taking pictures and keep deleting them till I'm happy with it. The same goes for my models, and that's why it has taken me so long to get this far and still not finished with the kit.