MH Horned Mirage

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:40 am

hmm ok guys... not to get too confused over the exact numbers, because... yup, the specifications were changed over time.

I believe the Horned Mirage power output is linked to much older specs of the LED (i.e. it only makes sense that it has lower specs).

The 3.3 trillion hp is indeed revealed in KF, and LED Mirage's status rose above EVERYTHING else - including KOG, Jagd, Junchoon, EVERYTHING. It is not considered a MH anymore, rather a monster shaped like a MH, because its single purpose is to fight the SATAN. Even KOG, Jagd or Junchoon have absolutely 0% possibility of winning it. Not by chance or skill or luck or mistake on the LED's pilot, or anything. (Nagano-san always say - FSS is *not* SF!)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:10 am

Don't mind me too much guys.

I seem obsessed over the numbers because I'm an RPG enthusiast and I look at these things from a simulationists mind-set. I see stats for MH's and I immediatly try and put them into game stats. The numbers help in comparing the individual MH's to one another so that I can better simulate them in my RPG's.

In fact several of my players are requesting that I start up my old FSS campaign again.
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:42 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:The 3.3 trillion hp is indeed revealed in KF, and LED Mirage's status rose above EVERYTHING else - including KOG, Jagd, Junchoon, EVERYTHING. It is not considered a MH anymore, rather a monster shaped like a MH, because its single purpose is to fight the SATAN. Even KOG, Jagd or Junchoon have absolutely 0% possibility of winning it. Not by chance or skill or luck or mistake on the LED's pilot, or anything. (Nagano-san always say - FSS is *not* SF!)
Ha ?
Sounds strange to me.
Well, because of the design changes, we often think there's several LED generation (mostly because of the V3), but it's mostly a design change, right ? Or not ? (maybe there's a LED V2 with generator in the shield, but if I'm not mistaking, ALL LED we see (from book 1 fighting against Vatshu to Colus Vs Hagooda, well, vice versa^^) should have a V3 design).

Cuz' when Sopp meets Colus 3, KOG is still a relatively new MH isn't ?
And the LED first public appearance happens only 2 years later in the colus-hagooda war.
So the developpement of KOG and LED seems quite simultaneous to me, no ?
As for Junchoon, he's so powerfull because 2 main reasons : mainly Clotho and a LED engine.

If LED is so above everything else, I don't really get why^^.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:18 pm

I agree with Falk. I thought the Junchoon was so powerful because it mounts a LED Engine and has Clotho at the controls.

Also, its not just the engines basic output that determines its power...that just determines its "average" power. The fatima has a lot to do with how efficient a MH engine will run and a good fatima (rated A or above) could take an average MH and make it outperform high class MH's with average Fatima (see Byblos vs A-toll Scritti battle)

Of course, now that the purpose of the LED has been revealed, all that is out the window. The LED being created specifically to fight against The SATAN jives with my theory that Amaterasu conquers the galaxy for the purpose of trying to unite all the nations before The SATAN re-appear in the Joker galaxy....
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:29 pm

That part about the LED being more powerful that any other MH, the Empress of Flame and even Makishi was covered in Auig 2003.
I'm sure Rubel had translated that Power Balance chart...

I don't have the translated copy, but it's that chart with Warz Ende's picture.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:49 pm

hitori wrote:That part about the LED being more powerful that any other MH, the Empress of Flame and even Makishi was covered in Auig 2003.
I'm sure Rubel had translated that Power Balance chart...

I don't have the translated copy, but it's that chart with Warz Ende's picture.
Yes, the Power Balance chart can be found here.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:02 am

oops, should've stated that its probably more of a plot change by Nagano-san, so it's not becoz of version upgrades in the story.

The purpose of LED Mirage is to fight SATAN, its involvement in the Grand Invasion is not its main purpose. LED Mirage is made for group battles (6~15 LED Mirages) - the RAID-GIG system means real time feedback so that every fatima has data of everyone else in the group, and iirc the more experienced or better fatima can assist those weaker fatima, something like combined computational power. A LED Mirage by itself is already very powerful and outclasses every other MH in the Joker Cluster, but its really designed for group battles, and there's not a tiny bit of chance any other MH can defeat the LED when it's in group formation.

Junchoon is still the most powerful "MH", but LED Mirage is no longer a MH :wink:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:26 am

This is very cool info, thanks guys.

I think I need to build some more of my LED Mirages. :)

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:39 am

wow. i have seen the chart, but i am still confused. how can LED Mirage be more powerful than the Empress of Flame? what does that mean for Green Left and Orange Right? i have to assume that LED Mirage refers to non-GL and non-OR.

someone explains please??

confused,
wps

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:46 am

The LED Mirage is no longer classed as a Mortar Headd, but is now called a Mortar Messiah. It is more powerful than any Mortar Headd and even more powerful than any Machine Messiah, thus the new name.

The Empress Flame MH is one of the most powerful MH's around (should be close to a Yen Xing MM) but it is nowhere near a LED Mirage.

I think you are confusing LED/Sarion the leader of the Green Left Mirage Knigths, to the LED Mirage, the Mortar Messiah. Sarion (FEMC #4 OR) is no more powerful than any of the Teni knights on the chart, way down there close to a normal headdliner at power rating 1. (Sarion would probably rate around a rating 75 or 80)

Note that Heaven Position Knights rank close to 100. Kensei level Knights rank in around 250-300. Dougulus Kaien ranks in at 500 or so (note that Kaien resides exactly halfway between a normal headdliner at rank 1 and a Super Empire Knight at rank 1000)

Super Empire Chevaliers rank in at 1000. This tells you exactly how far Joker Calendar headdliners have fallen. From this point forward, the ranking numbers are unclear, because the next "breakpoint" is at Infinite, which we have no way of measuring. However, I'm assuming an exponential progression in order to get from 1000 to infinite.

Note also on the chart that Super Empire Sword Saint's (like Kaien's dad, Skinzu) are equal to Joker Calendar Mortar Headds. S.E. Machine Messiah's are even more powerful, and your typical bargin basement SATAN is more powerful than even a Machine Messiah!

Notice where Falk U. Rognar falls on the chart. Above a LED Mirage!

Thats just crazy, but then again, this is a collection of myths, not a science fiction story! Remember, in greek mythology, Heracles held up the entire Heavens for Atlas....
Shinei!

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:15 am

oops, i meant Green Demon, Orange Dragon... :(

alright, so is a single LED Mirage (LM) more powerful than Empress Flame? or only in a group of LMs? more example of comparisons will be appreciated. thanks.

wps

Redcomet0093

Post by Redcomet0093 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:39 am

If the LED Mirages are so powerful how would the Mighty Alpha compare to them since it uses the LED's engines and armor plus it has Maximum as its pilot.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:57 am

Redcomet0093 wrote:If the LED Mirages are so powerful how would the Mighty Alpha compare to them since it uses the LED's engines and armor plus it has Maximum as its pilot.
Well, we've been told that in Knight Flags it states that the Mighty Alpha has been designed to be about as powerful as a LED and that Sop spent extra time tuning it so it would be at least that powerful because it was for Maximum.

Heck, any MH that guy uses would have to be superstrong, otherwise he'd probably break it (then again, you'd think the same thing would happen with Rognar behind the controls)
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Redcomet0093 wrote:If the LED Mirages are so powerful how would the Mighty Alpha compare to them since it uses the LED's engines and armor plus it has Maximum as its pilot.
AFAIK the Mighty series are LED Mirages.
But they differ from the regular LEDs in design principle.

The regular LED Mirages are meant to fight in groups in RAID GIG mode.
Mighties are designed to be standalones.

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:52 pm

What does RAID GIG mean BTW ?

Is it RAID, as a raid, a group attack ?
Or RAID as Redundant Array of Independent Disks ?
As the fatimas have access to all LED's datas available.

And GIG ? Except a music show, I have no idea.