Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

MH Horned Mirage

Post by Tachyon » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:44 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/mh/horned/horned.html

If anyone has additional information on the Horned Mirage please let me know.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:33 am

That profile makes it sound as if the Horned are somewhat inferior machines.
In their time, the Horned were revolutionary MH's. ^_^

Prior to Amaterasu's invention of the super ezlazer engines, ezlazer systems were only housed in the torso area.
This was mostly due to their size.
Amaterasu was able to incorporate a second ezlazer engine by housing it in the veil, greatly improving the total output.

Before Amaterasu's invention, twin engine system was only available in the Empress Flame, which used two Machine Messiah engines: relics from the technologically advanced Super Empire era.
There wasn't any other MH unit able to replicate this.
Not many countries had the luxury of inheriting Super Empire relics.

It was with his powerful Horned fleet that Amaterasu was able to conquor the 'Eastern 10 Nations' that currently make up the AKD.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:36 pm

Thanks so much for the information. I'll update the Horned Mirage Profile today.

I'm making a Web site update announcement at the end of the day today.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:39 pm

So Amaterasu didn't invent the Horned Mirage, right? He just designed a new veil and upgraded it?

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:46 pm

Tachyon wrote:So Amaterasu didn't invent the Horned Mirage, right? He just designed a new veil and upgraded it?
He did.
All Mirage MH's are by him.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:48 pm

Oh, ok. What mortar headds did the AKD use before the Horned Mirages?

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:51 pm

No mention of that afaik.
The total number of AKD's MH fleet is about 1700, so there has to be a lot of mass production MH's other than the Mirage series.

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:11 am

Here's some more about the Horned Mirages.
Probably more than you'd ever care to know about these guys...
I'd like to point out that I made a mistake about the twin engine setup.
That part is corrected below.

Horned Mirages are the first in Amaterasu's Mirage line of MH's.
Starting around JC 2860, 32 units were rolled out for use by the Fir Eastern Mirage Corp, which was founded in JC 2813.
Until LED Mirage's introduction, the Horned served two generations of Mirage Knights for nearly 130 years.

In less than 10 years since their deployment, the Eastern 10 Nations of Delta Belun's Maida continent was unified under Grees Kingdom.
Included in the 10 were such nations as Codante, Atoweight and Babilon which now are the nucleus of AKD's military and political power.
In JC 2899, mear 24 years later, the entire planet of Delta Belun is unified under the AKD.

We don't have any specific accounts of the Horned being used in battle, but this is the period during which the they would have experienced combat.
In other words, their arena was mostly intra-planetary.

About the machines themselves, a total of 32 units, from Aa4001 to Aa4032 were produced.
Notice the engine serial numbers differ from the Super Izlazer engine's Akd designation.
The Aa serials denote Izlazer 1050 series and the Akd serials are tagged to the Izlazer 1051 series.

Izlazer 1050 series are similar in performance to the conventional systems used throughout the galaxy.
Amaterasu's Super Izlazer 1051 series engines miniaturizes and synchronizes two units in to one system for improved output.
While the Horned Mirages were equipped with conventional engines, Amaterasu takes advantage of the MH design trend of light-armor-heavy-veil style and attains higher output than his competition by mounting an additional generator in the veil.
It boasted such a performance that outclassed all other nations top MH's.
Since the LED Mirages supposedly outperforms the predecessor by 150% in output, if we do the math the Horned is a 2 trillion hp class MH.*
Considering the Schpeltor is 1.8 trillion, Sirens are 1.4 trillion and A-Tolls are 1.2 trillion, this is a significant advantage if we look at the output alone.**

Mirage Machines developed with the Aa engines include Auge Alsquul (Aa4033) and the Water Dragon (Aa-X-4037/Akd1000).
The Aa-X probably lies in the transitional period between the two generations.
There also are two Covered Mirages (Aa4035, Aa4036) that serve as testbeds for LED Mirage technologies.

Even after their decomission, Horned Mirages of serial Aa4012 ~ Aa4014 carried out battlefield tasks as converted Berge Mirage A's.
The A's are different from the LED Mirage based Berge Mirages which house the Akd0027 ~ Akd0030 engines.

There also is a mention of Horned Mirages in jet black coloring, probably the predecessor to the Terror Mirage.

* There are different numbers for LED Mirage output, but I went with 3.3 trillion since that's the newer data and makes more sense.
** But there are no actual battle records of Horned Mirages against other MH's mentioned in the comic.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:25 am

I'm thinking that 2 trillion Hp is too high for a Horned Mirage. At the time of the Horned Mirages debut, the "average" output of conventional ezlaser engines is around 1.0 Trillion Hp, which includes such models as the Berlin and Blue Armor (1.1 trillion) Devonshire, Ballanshire and Maglow (all around 1.0 trillion). Sirens and A-tolls are considered top-of-the-line MH's and are not at all "conventional".

Thus it would stand to reason that a Horned Mirage, with around 150% of conventional ezlaser engines, would rate in around 1.5 or 1.6 Trillion Hp, which would put it on par with the Vatshu, Neptune and Prominence. This also makes sense from the standpoint that the Schpeltor/Water Dragon was an improved version of the Horned Mirage (1.8 Trillion Hp) and that the Auge (2.0 Trillion Hp) was the bridge between the Horned fleet and the LED fleet.

So now the LED Mirage has an output of 3.3 Trillion Hp?!?!?!?! That would make it more powerful than the Knight of Gold D! And on par with the Jagd Mirage! What gives Nagano? Should we assume thats a typo?
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:10 am

I made a mistake about the twin engine setup. That part is corrected below.
While the Horned Mirages were equipped with conventional engines, Amaterasu takes advantage of the MH design trend of light-armor-heavy-veil style and attains higher output than his competition by mounting an additional generator in the veil.
Ok, so the Horned Mirage does have an additional, smaller generator in the veil, right?

Thanks so much for this information. It makes the mortar headd section a lot cooler.

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:24 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:I'm thinking that 2 trillion Hp is too high for a Horned Mirage.
...Thus it would stand to reason that a Horned Mirage, with around 150% of conventional ezlaser engines,
...So now the LED Mirage has an output of 3.3 Trillion Hp?!?!?!?! Should we assume thats a typo?
3.3 is not a typo.
150% is LED Mirage's output in comparison to Horned Mirage: please read carefully. ;)

You may think whatever way you want.
Everything I write comes straight from Nagano's texts.
1: LED Mirage has 3.3 trillion hp output
2: LED Mirage achieved 150% in output compared to the Horned
I just put these two statements together.

One may argue that the power output of LED Mirage is stated differently in differnt sources and maybe the 150% comment came out when Nagano decided the LED was a 2 trillion class MH.
But as it stands, Knight Flags is the newest databook out there and KF says LED is 3.3 trillion.
I'm not the one making all this stuff up; Nagano is... :?
Tachyon wrote:Ok, so the Horned Mirage does have an additional, smaller generator in the veil, right?
Yeah, it's a generator, not another Izlazer engine as I previously wrote.
Not sure if it's any smaller or bigger than the primary one.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:45 am

Ok! Now I get it. Thanks for the explanation. The Horned Mirage profile has been updated.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:54 am

hitori wrote: 3.3 is not a typo.
150% is LED Mirage's output in comparison to Horned Mirage: please read carefully. ;)
Ah. Yes I misread, but also I remember reading in one of the english volumes that the Horned Mirage achieved 50% more power than conventional ezlaser engines of the time period. Thats why I was thinking the Horned Mirage rated at 1.5 Trillion Hp.
You may think whatever way you want.
I'm just trying to understand the numbers. I'd like to know what the actual values are so we can put them on the site.
Everything I write comes straight from Nagano's texts.
1: LED Mirage has 3.3 trillion hp output
2: LED Mirage achieved 150% in output compared to the Horned
I just put these two statements together.
I understand that, but I have a question:

Is it 150% of the Horned Mirages power (where you multiply the Horned Mirages power by 1.5 to get the value) or is it +150% of the Horned Mirages power (where you multiply by 2.5 to get the value)?
One may argue that the power output of LED Mirage is stated differently in differnt sources and maybe the 150% comment came out when Nagano decided the LED was a 2 trillion class MH.
But as it stands, Knight Flags is the newest databook out there and KF says LED is 3.3 trillion.
I'm not the one making all this stuff up; Nagano is... :?
Don't worry, I'm not giving you flack or questioning your understanding of the text in Knight Flags, I'm just trying to digest it all and trying to get to the real numbers beneath the typical Nagano fog.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:04 am

Ooh! I found the passage I was thinking of in English volume VI!

It states that the Horned Mirage (in the English volume, they are called the "Hound Mirage") has 3 generators in the veil which are capable of generating 20% to 30% more power than any other MH in the galaxy.

At the time of the Horned Mirages creation, the most powerful MH's would have been the Neptune (1.4 Trillion Hp), the Vatshu (also 1.4 Trillion Hp) and the Empress Flame (1.7 Trillion Hp). Of course, the Empress Flame is an aberration and might not be considered in this calculation.

Including the Empress Flame, that would make the Horned Mirage around 2.2 Trillion Hp.

Not including the Empress Flame, that would make the Horned Mirage around 1.8 Trillion Hp.

Hmmm...interesting.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:48 am

sorry for the triple-reply but I think I understand now.

The Horned Mirage has the same output as the Empress Flame...1.7 Trillion Horse Power...without the addition of the Veil generators. This matches up precisely with the engine output of the Schpeltor/Water Dragon, which is based on the Horned Mirage.

When you add the Veil and additional generators to the Horned Mirage, it increases the engine ouput from 1.7 Trillion Hp by 30%, to 2.2 Trillion Hp. (1.7 X 1.3)

Then if you take the total output of the Horned Mirage and multiply it by 1.5, you get the LED Mirage's output of 3.3 Trillion Hp!

Does anyone else concur?

Here's what Amaterasu did: When he miniturized the Ezlaser engine enough to fit them in the calf units of the LED Mirage, he made additional space in the chest. The power amplification generators that needed to be fitted in the Horned Mirage's Veil were improved upon and moved into the chest cavity of the LED Mirage, since the Ezlaser engines aren't present there, freeing up the Veil for additional weaponry. The combination of the dual Super-Ezlaser engine design and power amplification generators in the chest allows the LED to generate astronomical levels of power when compared to more conventional Ezlaser engine designs....
Shinei!