Volks Luminous

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

fudoc

Post by fudoc » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm

The LED V3 is from Volks right? How come they have the shields coming out from the shoulders like the Napalm? Is this the work of an outside party, or is Volks modifying the kit and rereleasing it?

jlyc

Post by jlyc » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:51 pm

it looks kinda like the 1/144 wave v3 to me...i'm prob wrong though

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:37 pm

I have no doubt those are Wave 1/144s.

Here's a picture of Volks V3s.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:57 pm

So Volks is doing a Flamberge Temple too??? Well hot damn.

And a 3rd kit in the works as well... so I guess Volks suddenly decided to 'kick it up a notch'.

Cool.

jinnai wrote:Two pieces of news:

Jack has some dodgy Luminous pics. Hooray. :)

A source aquired me a Luminous at WF yesterday. Hopefully late this week/early next I'll have it in my hot little hands. I'll do the exclusive here.

And finally: according to my source, Volks were selling 3 kits at WF. Luminous, a pre-sale, and also taking interest in a 3rd.

Luminous we all know about.

I couldn't get anything out of my source regarding the 3rd kit.

But the pre-sale kit was Flamberge Temple.

Enjoy. ^_~

yp

Post by yp » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:55 am

Wow, thanks for posting/linking the pictures, guys.
I wasn't too excited about Luminous,
even after looking at the Volks' web site. But now....

I want one :evil:

Henry

Post by Henry » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:50 am

yp wrote:Wow, thanks for posting/linking the pictures, guys.
I wasn't too excited about Luminous,
even after looking at the Volks' web site. But now....

I want one :evil:
I love Calvary R design. Nagano changes MH's "posture" and body proportions through the series. In the old times, it was more standard/ gundam robot's proportions. Then, comes the heels and then the led mirage super exaggerated lower back curving, bull fighter's hip forward standing poses. The overall head becomes smaller(but bigger features: horn spike), smaller upper body, shorter, thicker arms and stronger legs.

Then comes Calvary R which actually reverses from the led. Bigger head, medium to large upper body, shorter legs but revoluntionary longer thighs! It is rather rare to see robot designs with a bit more emphasis on the thighs. Gives it a strong leg feeling but light and mobile on the feet. I think that is what makes the Calvary unique. And I like the outcome and the guts of trying something new. Volks is very good to capture the spirit. But I just don't get it on this. My biggest problem was on the thigh and the lack of change in style. I prefer the wave version a lot better.
No offense to those who like volks version. Personal taste and just giving 2 cents.

For the price of the launcher, I recall schpeltor lonn was 16800, with buster was 23800...
It seems rather high IMO. Silicon tribe sells that separately for 4000yen?

On the side note, regarding the change in proportion, the phantom had a very new attempt when it was debuted in smoke wall. Big periphery/ 4 corners with yeah, skeleton small center. I guess he did not find it fly as he reverted it when they appear in the comics.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:42 am

E2046 updated both the Luminous and WSC Flamberge with pictures from the magazine?

Luminous: http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=5176

WSC Flamberge: http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=5175

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:03 am

My Luminous finally arrived.

Really, really can't wait to start on this.

And an added bonus: the toes are molded seperately from the feet! I really like that.

Click here for the pictures. :)

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:52 am

Well, Mr. Chef, when you said you had excess cash, you're not kidding. :D

Keep up the good work
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

sarion

Post by sarion » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:12 pm

happy hopping wrote:Well, Mr. Chef, when you said you had excess cash, you're not kidding. :D

Keep up the good work
and excessive time too! :D

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:57 pm

Looka quite good. Great feet bottoms, as usual from Volks. Only thing that looks a bit plain is the back of the shield. I think the Wave kit did a better job with that area...

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:11 pm

I like how the back of the shield looks like. Even though it is a bit on the plain side, I would disagree that the one on the Wave looks better.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:41 pm

Sheizzel wrote:I like how the back of the shield looks like. Even though it is a bit on the plain side, I would disagree that the one on the Wave looks better.
Looks too much like many other Volks shields. Including Siren F. Just too generic, no real personality or distinctiveness.

Wave is more unique, you can't mistake it for any other shield backing.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:43 pm

Sheizzel wrote:I like how the back of the shield looks like. Even though it is a bit on the plain side, I would disagree that the one on the Wave looks better.
In the old days, back in 1988 to 1994, they put so much details at the back of the shield, it is so pleasant looking. Now, details such as the back of the shield has been downsized.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:33 am

The back of the veil really appeals to me. I can't wait to wash that sucker.

What I absolutely adore on this kit is the chest. All the extra detailing is molded seperately. Volks did a Bandai on this one.. I'll explain later.

That.. and the seperately molded toes. I really don't have to mask that much at all.