A question about the Wunderschatze and Cloudschatze

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

kosh

A question about the Wunderschatze and Cloudschatze

Post by kosh » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:51 pm

A member over at MAHQ asked an interesting question.Are the Wunderschatze and Cloudschatze transformable MH or is the flight gear modular in any way or are they specifically designed flight capable MH?I had no clue and said I would check here to see if anyone new.BTW,does the Wunderschatze remind anyone else of the Plan 303E Deepstriker?He linked to a model photo of it and the thing just screamed "Nagano version of Deepstriker."
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:16 pm

That's a good question. I've never seen any images of other modes. If my books weren't all in boxes I'd check through the Japanese manga. Perhaps Nu Soard knows.

I posted the question at the Heika.net message board just in case.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:38 pm

There is some confusion on this.

There is a "MH" known as the Wundershatze, that is a non-transformable fighter vehicle designed for high speed strikes and space combat. It is equipped with a Buster Launcher for maximum destruction. Amaterasu designed this space fighter in responce to his MH forces being devastated in a space battle against some powerful aliens.

There is also a MH known as the Speed Mirage that IS a transformable mecha, that transforms from MH to a Space Fighter mode. It appears in the English volume 20 piloted by F.U. Rognar. This fighter is also sometimes referred to as "Cloudshatze" but this may be a mistake, or maybe not, I'm not sure.

There are two versions of the "Wondershatze". One version was the test model (colored green) and the other is the production version (colored blue). Sometimes these are also referred to as "Cloudshatze".

Note that the Speed Mirage is a FSS version of the L-Gaim mkII.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:50 pm

Okay, I just found it!

Tachyon we need to change the profile! The Wundershatze is the one which you have pictured. Both of the Fighters are merely different colored versions of the Wundershatze as I thought. The "Cloudshazte", also known as the Speed Mirage is a different Mortar Headd, or "Air Headd" as Arart Ex calls it in volume 20.

I'll write up a profile of the Speed Mirage/Cloudshatze later. Hopefully we'll be able to get more info on it than just the fact that it transforms and has a Buster launcher.

As far as I know, there are no color pics of the Cloudshatze. However, the debut of the Cloudshatze in the manga (volume 20 english version) is very large and detailed...perfect for scanning. You just need to edit out the sound effects (which don't actually overlap the MH)
Shinei!

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:23 am

Thanks for the info NSG.It's funny,with all the LGaim designs that were carried over to FSS,I was wondering what happened to the LGaim Mk.II.
Do you understand?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:59 am

kosh wrote:Thanks for the info NSG.It's funny,with all the LGaim designs that were carried over to FSS,I was wondering what happened to the LGaim Mk.II.
Yeah. Pretty cool I think. Eventually he'll get around to presenting all the L-gaim mecha into FSS. His most recent conversion is the Groon. The FSS version of the Groon is designed by the same MH Meight that designed the Vatshu and is the flag MH of Jasturcurck.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:43 pm

Excellent, Nu Soard. Thanks for researching that. I'm so glad you're involved in this project.

I'll set aside some time this week and we can revise the info. Let's make sure we have the variant names of the Speed Mirage so we don't miss any images on it.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.