Tales of Joker 19

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tales of Joker 19

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:31 pm

Following Nu Soard's suggestion, I picked up a copy of Tales of Joker 19. It wasn't the cornucopia of rare art that I was wishing for but it is quite nice. It's a collection of line art that probably can't be found elsewhere.

A collage of 3 heavily armored mortar headds was cool but it would have been nice to see the whole machines rather than just the head and shoulders. I'm guessing the Cross Mirage shown there is the male type. What kind of Siren is shown, though?

Here's another question to you 5 Star Stories nuts: Where can a person find illustrations of the basic siren? I found a plastic model photo but I'd really like some illustrations.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:19 am

Hey! Those are some rare, hard to find illustrations in there! That book is GOLD! If you are a hardcore FSS fan of course. Nothing overtly spectacular, but there are some unique illos there. If you scan some of those for the site, I garuntee you'll have stuff on your site no one else has...(not that they couldn't get TOJ19 and scan themselves...)
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:29 am

Basic Siren?

You have to come a little more specific than that!

The "Basic" Siren is probably the Siren A. It is found in Plastics Style, but only in color format. The Siren F is the Siren featured in the early portions of FSS (the one that Kentauri used vs Colus) but thats a command unit reserved for Aces.

The Siren that was pictured with the other MH's in TOJ-19 was the Arcana Siren or the Siren E. It (like the other MH's on that page) has gone through quite a bit of revision before actually appearing in the Manga in (Japanese) volume 10. Volume 10 debuted in 2000, the episodes appearing in Newtype the year before and note that the date on the illustration is 1992! That means he had plans for the Heavy Vatshu, the Heavy Cross and Arcana siren 7 years before only 1 of the three MH's appeared in the manga! Sometimes Nagano scares me...

For the record, the illustration in there I like the best is on page 54...the illustation of Konig and Orchestro with the head of the Vaiola in the background. Awsome.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:54 pm

Page 62 (1996). What mortar headd is that?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:26 pm

Oh, thats the Terror Mirage.

Allan Bradford and Kyo ride that one..
Shinei!