What is the Joker System's relationship to our world?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:53 pm

Yup' there's also "Ash Ra Temple", I think it's already been mentioned elsewhere on this board, another Krautrock band^^.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:03 pm

Do people know where Nagano is getting the names for his newer mortar headd designs?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

TSP

Post by TSP » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:32 am

Well actually Groon is a rockband...From England!
Phantom is a Radiostation for Rockmusic.
Calvary Cross ,Machine Messiah are songtitels.
But all this would only be a coincedence.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:01 am

What's an "easter egg"?

S
*tries looking it up*

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:59 pm

Lalasa wrote:What's an "easter egg"?

S
*tries looking it up*
An "easter egg" are little nick-nacks hidden in the pictures of the manga. Like a Cowboy's fan may notice Krackenbeal wearing a "Cowboy's" ballcap in the scene where he liberates the fatimas from the brothel (after "Silencing" Ananda). Decors carrying around a "Jack Daneils" whiskey bottle before he lays the beat-down on little Jhon. Little things like that.
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:34 pm

++Off-topic ON++

More generally an easter-egg is a little something hidden somewhere, well there's a lot of easter-eggs in softwares, a little fun from the programmers I guess^^ Try searching the net with easter-egg + a software name, for instance you may "alt + click" somewhere in a software while you usually never do this, and it'll let appear a little something, more or less fun.
In a photosop or illustrator, the basic logo with an eye was replaced by a yellow-duck, and in the credits, a sentence was added, saying something like "thanks to Falk, our favourite user" or something like that.

++Off-topic OFF++

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:16 am

Aaah, thank you very much for that Falk, Nu Soard. I just realized that while searching, I didn't know what I was searching for on this easter egg. So I went to dictionary.com...and it was less than helpful. It just said it was a painted egg used on Easter for children to find!

S *shaking her head*

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:37 pm

Just a few more^^

Krotenschwanz (Sharie Randers~), is the name (or surename ?) of the female singer from Amon Düül 2.
Also, Embryo (one of the new MH we've not seen a lot), is also another german rockband.

Newton

Post by Newton » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:59 pm

If anybody is up for translating...

I've got a Newtype article about Nagano's progressive rock inspirations for The Five Star Stories. It's a cool article. He goes into what bands and performers have inspired not only the names but the faces of the FSS. A lot of the Mirage Knights are not only namesakes, but face-sakes of famous progressive rock performers.

Thrills me to death, since I to am a fan of progressive rock!^_^

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:41 pm

Off-topic ON

Fan of prog rock mmh ?

Then I STRONGLY suggest the new Devin Townsend Band album.
Well I don't know what you mean by prog rock, DTB is more prog metal actually, not that brutal, but there are heavy guitars anyway (down to C, or even low G :twisted: ), but it's really great, heavy, but still amaizingly melodic, with lot of layering of sounds added, lot of ambiance, atmosphere.
The new one, Synchestra, takes some time to grow on you but then, wow ! :shock: :D

Concerning Amon Düül, mmh, kinda weird. Very experimental (well more or less depending of the album), I've not listen it enough to really know the songs. The production has aged a bit (particularly compared to Townsend's perfect production).

Off-topic OFF

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:13 pm

A bit more, maybe some know about this one but I don't remember hearing about myself :

The Super Empire is called Farus Die Kannarn, but there's one Amon Düül album called "Phallus Dei" (need a translation ? :P )
On this album, there's also a track called Kanaan (something biblical or something^^).

So the Super Empire may in fact be Phallus Die Kanaan :wink:

(Henriette Krottenschwantz is also a track from this album, and as I said prviously, krotenschwanz seems to be the singer's lastname or surname or something as well)

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:49 pm

Falk wrote:The Super Empire is called Farus Die Kannarn, but there's one Amon Düül album called "Phallus Dei" (need a translation ? :P )
I almost spewed Mountain Dew on my monitor. LOL
Thanks for the info Falk

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:46 am

So the Super Empire may in fact be Phallus Die Kanaan

You know, the first translation of Farus Die Kanan was written as Phallus :)
Shinei!