FSS Chatter

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

FSS Chatter

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:37 pm

I'm surprised at how quiet this forum has been lately. I guess everyone's busy with work and school?

Does anyone have updates on FSS manga book 12? What kind of stuff do people want to see for updates to the FSS pages on the Gears Online site?
Last edited by Tachyon on Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:18 pm

Do you have any information on the MMT units? I don't have all the FSS books :( and I've been looking for more information on these successors to the Mortar Headds.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:05 am

Which ones are the MMT's?

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:32 am

There may be only one, I'm not sure. It's the big unfinished hovering mech that Kallen is hanging out with when we see her for the first time.

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:42 am

Newton wrote:There may be only one, I'm not sure. It's the big unfinished hovering mech that Kallen is hanging out with when we see her for the first time.
There are 23 units of three different types mentioned.
21 Graffs
1 Vinus
1 Demon

-Japanese vol 5, during the "Over the 7777 New World" chapter

hitori

Re: FSS Chatter

Post by hitori » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:51 am

Tachyon wrote:I'm surprised at how quiet this forum has been lately. I guess everyone's busy with work and school?
Does anyone have updates on FSS manga book 12?
Welcome back Tachyon.

Well, there hasn't been anything new published worth talking about... :(
Book 12 is scheduled for release before summer, but Nagano resuming magazine serialization is nowhere in sight.
He's stated that he'll come back to drawing new stuff when the fourth Designs book is finished.
Considering it took a WHILE to get just one Designs book out, it'll probably be a while till we see FSS in New Type.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:18 am

He's stated that he'll come back to drawing new stuff when the fourth Designs book is finished.
What? That long? When is Designs 2 coming out? I have to say, I'm looking forward to it.

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:20 pm

Hitori:

Thank you for that vital information regarding the MMTs. I have not read "Over the 7777" in English yet. It is one of my favorite chapters in FSS because it deals with the future of this universe.

Regarding Nagano-san's statement, I can't say that I'm surprised. He has needed to generate some new artwork and ideas for some time now. Updating one's portfolio is an ongoing challenge, and he's needed to do that for quite a while. (how do I know? I recognize the same signs in myself...^_^)

Obviously, I've really missed out by not getting "Designs 1". I will not make that mistake again.

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:53 pm

Yup', really not much to talk about those days... :? (and I got to search/find some work, so it's not such a problem^^)

Well I've recently read english books 17 & 18 (just 15, 16, 19 & 25 missing on my shelf now^^), and have a few questions, well I have to reread it to remember them :wink: (the 17 about war was a bit boring I may say. Well it's ok but a whole book about "real war" is not really what I expect when reading FSS. On the other hand the little bit when soldiers talk about Lonn as if she's almost a untouchable & unseen goddess, and the sergeant talking talking about a fatima was really great. We're used to powerful characters, and this little bit shown the gap between normal humas and headdliners/fatimas in a way better perspective than crooks raping a defensless fatima).

I missed Designs 1 too... When I finally decided to buy it, was out of stock since just a few days... At least I've found a used (but as new as the vendor says, I don't care about the postcards^^) Knightflags on ebay for 20€+16€P&P :shock: Well I'll be really happy when it'll be in my hands undamaged...

I think most of the MMTs (and Taika) infos available are in this thread :
http://www.gearsonline.net/forums/viewt ... t=mmt#2436

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:15 am

Yeah !
Received my Knightflags ! Woohoo ! Finally !

Perfect shape, it's a 1st print said the saler, and all that for 20€ (+16P&P).
I'm really surprised, there was just one bid, I bid on it around 4AM, thought it would reach 60€-70$ when I wake up, but no :wink:
Do all the FSS fans already own this book ? Or are to hard-core and want absolutely a new one ? :P
And when I think I hesitated to bid on it... I thought I had already seen all the artwork countless time (and add to that that everything is always in japanese, meeeh...), but it's better when you own the real thing :D

The nice CG effect look way better i nthe book, I'm thinking of Est plastic style suit.

Just a few questions :
There's a recap of mirage knights around 3159, but there are names I've never heard of, I've tried to translate the kana, but there are few weird guys/things :
-Aisha is called Queen Aisha Ruma (well somethign like that), she changes her name when becoming queen or something ?
-Spector, the weird guy with wings, where is he/she from ?
-The lady with an orange dress and orange hair, looking exactly like Aisha, for a while I thought it was Wacha, but she's number 4. She's wearing orange but can't be OR n°4 as it's Rogner, so would that mean this lady is in fact Sarion ? What is the Iron Glokken or whatever it is ? His MH ?
-Why is Arart in the green left wing ? Not orange right ?
-Why are Sopp, Lachesis, Warz Ende Bubiron/Rogner and some others under "holy empire atoll" and not AKD ? That's later when teh AKD has invaded other countries ?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:31 am

Falk wrote:Yeah !
Received my Knightflags ! Woohoo ! Finally !
Congrats. That is currently, the best FSS artbook out. Although I haven't seen FSS Designs 1 in full yet.

And when I think I hesitated to bid on it... I thought I had already seen all the artwork countless time (and add to that that everything is always in japanese, meeeh...), but it's better when you own the real thing :D
It sure is better to have it in your hands. I know I had seen just about all the pics in Knight Flags dozens of times over, but when I managed to snag a copy from the L.A. Kino some few years back, I didn't regret it one bit. I still pull it out from time to time and marvel at how far Nagano's artistic skills have come since 1986.

Just a few questions :
Shoot!
There's a recap of mirage knights around 3159, but there are names I've never heard of, I've tried to translate the kana, but there are few weird guys/things :
Yeah, he's updating.
-Aisha is called Queen Aisha Ruma (well somethign like that), she changes her name when becoming queen or something ?
Yeah. Aisha finally ascended her throne. As Queen of Roumer, she takes on the family name of the rulers of that country. She is now officially "retired" from the Mirage Knights, though I think she still holds "honorary" status.
-Spector, the weird guy with wings, where is he/she from ?
Spector is a Divine being from a higher order dimension. The winged fellow is his true form...maybe.
-The lady with an orange dress and orange hair, looking exactly like Aisha, for a while I thought it was Wacha, but she's number 4. She's wearing orange but can't be OR n°4 as it's Rogner, so would that mean this lady is in fact Sarion ?
Yes, that orange-haired "lady" is in fact, FEMC GL #04 Sarion IKARUGA. Just like most male members of the Amaterasu royal line, he looks like a chick. In fact, there was one time in the manga that someone said he was the "spitting image of Aisha Codante". Nagano is way too good at making male characters look feminine while still giving them a masculine edge to them. I practically hear that Boy-George song from The Crying Game everytime I look at a pic of Sarion...
What is the Iron Glokken or whatever it is ? His MH ?

I think so, but I'm not sure about that. I've only seen it mentioned in this one section. Nowhere else.
-Why is Arart in the green left wing ? Not orange right ?
Don't know that. Isn't Panar Green Left as well?
-Why are Sopp, Lachesis, Warz Ende Bubiron/Rogner and some others under "holy empire atoll" and not AKD ? That's later when teh AKD has invaded other countries ?
Thats because Knight Flags is the first artbook dedicated to The Majestic Stand. Since the AKD refuses to get involved in the Sorceror Wars, Sop, Lackie and Rognar (and other Mirages) join in on the side of Atoll. Any Mirage Knights who act in that war are acting on their own initiative and not under orders from Amaterasu.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:23 am

KF is definitely a must-buy for a fss fan! Tons of pictures, and even more background information!

As for your queries:

- Roumer is one of the Ten Eastern Countries, which is very close to Grees. It is said that Roumer is very weak and needs a strong leader, that is why Aisha was elected (by a council) and placed on the throne. However, taking on the throne means Aisha has to leave House Codante, and rename Aisha Roumer to be its Queen. House Codante, as u know, has very close blood relations with the main bloodline of Amaterasu, thus Aisha becoming a Roumer means that its very highly probable that she will lose her place of 3rd succession to Amaterasu's throne. She has already lost the position as head of House Codante and in this sense, she actually lost power and "demoted". Currently, it seems like she will need alot of effort to maintain her post of Premier. I don't recall her retiring from Mirage, but since FEMC is Amaterasu's private army, the politics should not have any rights over FEMC.

- Spector is neither a knight nor a diver, yet he is with Amat. The hint to his real identity lies with his Fatima Potar :wink: (further hint: read the episode when Sopp thinks back about himself as a baby)

- Yup, its Sarion alright. U should be used to guys looking like girls in FSS right? :D Iron Glocken is said to be House Shinate's MH, so Sarion inherited it. Glocken is german for bells i think?

- I think its Panar Lie Ex, Mirage Left 15.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:47 am

Thanks for your answers guys, much helpful as always :D

Yup', I think I meant Panar but wrote Arart, or had spent to much time translating some katakana that I wasn't really clear^^. I'm surprised she's in the green left mirages, or maybe OR & GL don't have much sens anymore around year 4000 ?

I'm still a bit puzzled about Spector. Well I hadn't thought about the fact that the headliner who swin in fontain is also called Spector, so I guess it's the same guy who revealed his true form, but I don't really understand why a divine being from another dimension would bother... swiming in foutains :wink: Or maybe he's bored :|
Isn't he supposed to die during a battle ? Does only his human form die and then he reveals his true form ?
And you say to look at the episode where Sopp thinks back about when he was a baby, mmh which episode exactly ? The one where he almost takes Bosjaforst in another dimension ?
Cuz' if so would that mean that the Water Dragon appearing in the fantasy story is in fact Spector under another name ? Or another ARCH ? (which would mean there's several of them)
Or am I taking this fantasy story way to much seriously ?

I'm having more thoughts about that, could the princess be Amaterasu ? (in the picture where we see the naked princess "brought back to life" (not really) she looks a lot like naked Sopp (well a lady with long hairs^^))
Not sure if that make any sens :P
And despite the fact that the dragon said she would stay with them in "their world", maybe some random fact made her appear again in the real world ?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:29 am

********* This post contains SPOILERS *********

- Regarding Water Dragon story, Spector did not appear here. The divine being's name is Water Dragon or Suire. ARCH 'seems' to be a name for the group opposing the Vagires (SATAN). The princess who sacrificed in this story is named Ieatta, yup same name as Rogner's fatima, but that doesnt mean they are the same person. The story seems to be a very distant past of Joker Cluster.

- The part where Sopp dreams back about himself as a baby is in JP Vol 7, dunno about the EN version, but its the same episode where the four elementals and the divine being Joker appear. If u read on, u will see Joker returning back to the mundane world and bringing back to life an almost dead fatima. Take note of that fatima's name. She is Potar. :) The reason why Spector would have to descend to the mundane world is probably what he revealed - his creator (Amaterasu Oomikami) programmed it into him. About Spector dying in the Grand Invasion, not much is known.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

GON

Post by GON » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:51 pm

The part where Sopp dreams back about himself as a baby is in EN Vol 15

although he said the opposite, some power remains in Spector (Laki in a disappearing act in EN vol 26)