Volks Luminous

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Volks Luminous

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:17 am

I bet you guys were expecting more infos and pictures of the finished product? Well...sorry to disappoint>_<.

A slight bit of good news though. Hirai's Luminous did make an appearance in Toys 6.

You can see a tiny ass picture from the link below.

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/toys/content ... nts04.html

It looks like we might not have to wait long to see the finished kit.

banruo

Post by banruo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:58 am

no launcher :cry:

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:35 am

That's why it is Luminous and not Calvary. Maybe, just maybe, Volks might do a Calvary later on.

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:55 pm

Crap. :(

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:57 pm

Could this be a two kit release with the use of one, like the Phantoms?

Even though I'm a bit disappointed Volks didn't just go ahead and add the buster and make it into a Calvary R, it is still exciting to see the Luminous near completion. At least we'll have something to look forward to, soon.

Also, the figure next page to the Luminous is a figure of Est.

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:52 am

Well, I'm assuming this kit will be fixed pose...

And if the photo is showing the actual prototype and not some kind of mock-up... it seems like the Luminous will take the normal boring standing pose that most SAV type kits have.

So if they were to release a Calvary R version later with a buster... they wouldn't be able to do the Smoke Walls pose without doing some major revision to certain parts.

So I dunno...

I wish they would have just done the buster version to begin with....

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Heard from another board that the Luminous will be sold on Feb.19th, which is during WonderFestival. Just as I had expected :D .

I also heard from La Kinos that Toys#6 book I had requested is now in stock. Hopefully I'll be able to get it soon and post a bigger picture of it :D .

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:03 pm

Sheizzel wrote:Heard from another board that the Luminous will be sold on Feb.19th, which is during WonderFestival. Just as I had expected :D .

I also heard from La Kinos that Toys#6 book I had requested is now in stock. Hopefully I'll be able to get it soon and post a bigger picture of it :D .
Since HLJ doesn't even have it listed yet, I'm assuming it will be a long while before they get any copies...

Sheizzel, if you're looking into alternate means of getting a copy, please keep me informed. :)

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:04 am

I wouldn't count on HLJ having updates regarding this kit for a very long time... As with previous kits, the only ways to get this kit when it first comes out is to either go to Volks Showcase or their On-Line Shop, or try YahooJapan.

I just called L.A. Kinokuniya and paid for the book over the phone. I should have it by Thursday. The total including tax and shipping with UPS came out to $20.15. That would be $5 per page for the contents I'm interested in, lol...

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:34 am

It doesn't have a buster, but it still looks nice.

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:02 am

Wow.... it almost looks more like WSC style than Volks.

I dunno, just seems a bit... chunkier than I expected. Especially around the legs. Chest seems a bit large too, for a Volks kit.

It doesn't look... bad or anything... just not quite what I expected.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:11 am

If WSC kits have legs like this then we would be seeing more people buying WSC kits, lol...

From the looks of it, this Luminous is no different when compare to previous Volks/Hirai kits. Calvary R from Smoke Walls looks really short, and Hirai seems to have stretched the Luminous and make it look taller and slimmer. I think Wave's 1/144 Calvary R would be the closest to the drawing in Smoke Walls.

So far I like what I've seen, and I would like to get one when it is released. However, the idea of a possible Calvary R in the near future will make me think carefully about getting this one...

sarion

Post by sarion » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:00 am

why are most pple here dismissing the silicon tribe version? hmmm....
tot tat was good enuf... :?

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:50 am

sarion wrote:why are most pple here dismissing the silicon tribe version? hmmm....
tot tat was good enuf... :?
Didn't like the proportions on that one. At all.

At least it had the buster though. :(

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:20 pm

Just heard from a guy saying there's an ad for the Luminous in March issue of HJ. Hopefully I'll be receiving mine soon...Meanwhile, I'm trying to find out the price for this kit.