How is the Holiday Season Going for Everyone?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

How is the Holiday Season Going for Everyone?

Post by Tachyon » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:31 pm

Christmas has been good to me so far. Lots of relatives are giving me gift certificates at CD Universe. I'm finally picking up Mospeada subtitled on DVD and catching up with Gatchaman.

Is Dai-Guard any good? I'm getting curious about this series.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:22 pm

is Dai-gaurd any good?
Although I haven't seen all of it- what I have seen has been very entertaining-

imagine a super-robot motiff but with Patlabor reality- in some of the combat scenes- you can actually see hull-plates and seams breaking (because the core components are welded sub-assemblies- rather than gigantic single casts-

although a little hard to swallow at first- the fact that the Dai-Gard actually needs three pilots to operate at all is a nice bit of realism- (one of the operators is solely there for power management)

I especially like that a major plot factor is the operating budget and(worse) the clean up bills- no matter how essential a project may be- (say- saving the earth and all humanity) there is always somebody at the top who won't sign for it because it will cost too much (I often feel the same way about health care)

there is a definate edge of comic realism to the show- (if we ever did build a working one of a kind super-robot, sooner or later it would end up an amusement attraction, scrap, or a museum piece- just like say- the Queen Mary or the Spruce Goose or the Titanic or... the list goes on)

Enjoy!

iniaes

Brassick!

Post by iniaes » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:09 pm

Due to my fiscal solvency. or thereby lack of due to single handedly saving christmas this year, I have had the time to continue with my art, and I intend to carry on with my self education during my christmas leave seeing as I can not afford to go out, its all good though. Still not much sign of any mecha work but my magna skill is still in need of inproving anyway. Check it out soon for some more work.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:56 pm

so good so far.
I am busy making my mecha concepts into 3D model, soon I will post up.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:04 am

Yeah, mine's been pretty good so far...

I'm catching up on commissions over the holidays, so I can turn out some more mecha art this year.

kosh

Post by kosh » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:07 pm

Pretty good holiday , hectic at work , but that's my own fault . :roll: My wife pre-ordered the new Hellsing OVA for me , I watched the TV series and read the first five volumes of the manga and welll.... became a Hellsing addict . :D
Do you understand?