WSC Gastness-Finished!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

elemental

Post by elemental » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:00 am

VV: I think I might have said this before, but you are very hard to please when it comes to FSS kits. :|

I don't hold anything against the WSC Gastness, overall it's very nice. But I don't feel the need to grab one right away. I'm sure the WSC version will be readily available for at least a few years to come, so in this case I will agree with VV. I'll wait to see what (if anything) Volks can come up with and compare the two versions before making a purchase.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:54 pm

Going at the current pace, we may never see a Volks Gastness. That's why I would like to go ahead and get this if I can.

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:40 am

Well, yes... Volks release schedule is seriously delayed (if not late). But that doesn't mean they will never release a gastness. Considering how nearly everything WSC has produced is available on a regular basis, I just don't see the need to rush.

If some of you do get a gastness soon, how about one of you painting it immediately? Which one of you talented modellers will be the first (outside of asia) to show a completed gastness?! 8)

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:48 am

elemental wrote:Well, yes... Volks release schedule is seriously delayed (if not late). But that doesn't mean they will never release a gastness. Considering how nearly everything WSC has produced is available on a regular basis, I just don't see the need to rush.

If some of you do get a gastness soon, how about one of you painting it immediately? Which one of you talented modellers will be the first (outside of asia) to show a completed gastness?! 8)
I kind of doubt that Volks pace will ever match that of days gone by. I anticipate that Volks' future MH releases will be few and far between... meaning they'll probably stick to the most important designs? Or so I would expect. Gastness might not be important enough for Volks to bother with it... we may see another character book out before Volks does many more MH.

All that aside, I'd be getting a WSC gastness regardless. :) After a brief period of disappointment (after seeing WSC Engages, Neptune...), I am once again a firm fan of WSC style.

Although I hope to have a Gastness by March, I'm sure I won't be getting around to painting it anytime soon... sorry Elemental. You know I need to get through my stack of recasts first...

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:37 am

wait a min. guys, I thought we hate the idea of volks and WSC rel. the same MH in competiton. What happen to that talk?

If WSC is good enough, don't you want Volks to rel. something else instead?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:47 am

happy hopping wrote:wait a min. guys, I thought we hate the idea of volks and WSC rel. the same MH in competiton. What happen to that talk?

You have an entirely good point.

Since WSC gastness looks good, I'd prefer to see Volks do something like Heavy Cross Mirage, Early Kan, Siren R, T-233, or even something like the Groon.

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:56 am

happy hopping wrote:wait a min. guys, I thought we hate the idea of volks and WSC rel. the same MH in competiton. What happen to that talk?
What some fans might want, and what Volks will do, are two completely separate things.
What I want is irrelevant. What Volks probably wants is to not be outdone by WSC. It wouldn't surprise me if Volks decided to release a gastness for no other reason than because WSC has done one.

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:07 pm

KOG wrote:I kind of doubt that Volks pace will ever match that of days gone by. I anticipate that Volks' future MH releases will be few and far between...
I like to remain optimistic.

Would Hirai etc make a full time living sculpting for Volks? These days, probably not. Perhaps Volks' lack of new releases is due to certain of their sculptors being unavailable/busy/pre-occupied with other work/life/etc?
Although I hope to have a Gastness by March, I'm sure I won't be getting around to painting it anytime soon... sorry Elemental. You know I need to get through my stack of recasts first...
:twisted: Damn you and your 50 year plan! :twisted:
I look forward to the day you show something that isn't 10 years old! :wink:

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:14 pm

elemental wrote: :twisted: Damn you and your 50 year plan! :twisted:
I look forward to the day you show something that isn't 10 years old! :wink:
But but.... I LIKE the stuff that's over 10 years old... :P

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:15 pm

elemental wrote:What I want is irrelevant. What Volks probably wants is to not be outdone by WSC. It wouldn't surprise me if Volks decided to release a gastness for no other reason than because WSC has done one.

Mmmm.... then Volks would have to do a Berlin Sr2 and a Flamberge Temple as well...

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:10 am

KOG wrote:But but.... I LIKE the stuff that's over 10 years old... :P
The earliest MM kits must be close to 10 years old, more or less. Mess Auge is already 5 years old!! Any chance of belting out one of those before 2010? 8)

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:57 am

elemental wrote:The earliest MM kits must be close to 10 years old, more or less. Mess Auge is already 5 years old!! Any chance of belting out one of those before 2010? 8)
Probably not... Mess Auge will almost certainly require some expert work with an airbrush, and I'm not ready for that just yet...

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:18 am

elemental wrote:Perhaps Volks' lack of new releases is due to certain of their sculptors being unavailable/busy/pre-occupied with other work/life/etc?
There's a link on the volks website regarding new kits for 2006..

Needless to say, there's not a single FSS kit there.. seems like they want to re-release the older kits at the moment, and focus on other lines for now.

Let WSC have their time in the light again for a bit.. I think the rivalry between the two has died off somewhat in the past couple of years.

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:31 am

What happened to that talk of a Volks Luminous Mirage?

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:34 am

Was looking forward to that one.