WSC Gastness-Finished!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:53 pm

KOG wrote:
Sheizzel wrote:I got the Hobby Japan on order at HLJ, but not shipped yet. Hopefully you'll get yours soon :D .
I think it'll probably be at least a week until I have it, since it was shipped via SAL.
I don't think there's any other option for shipping magazines than SAL, unless one do not care about waiting and willing to go surface :P .

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:55 pm

Sheizzel wrote:I don't think there's any other option for shipping magazines than SAL, unless one do not care about waiting and willing to go surface :P .
HLJ will also allow you to ship magazines (or anything else) by EMS... but that's way too expensive, just for a couple of magazines...

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:01 pm

KOG wrote:
Sheizzel wrote:I don't think there's any other option for shipping magazines than SAL, unless one do not care about waiting and willing to go surface :P .
HLJ will also allow you to ship magazines (or anything else) by EMS... but that's way too expensive, just for a couple of magazines...
I used to use EMS a lot when buying from HLJ, but I would never use EMS just for a magazine. Man...did you see the estimated EMS cost for Hobby Japan at HLJ? 2800yen...

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:53 am

By the way... I noticed that Gastness has a fixed pose shoulder joint system, just like the Prominence. This is a nice trend from WSC. Would be great if their kits become entirely fixed pose. :P

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:01 am

KOG wrote:By the way... I noticed that Gastness has a fixed pose shoulder joint system, just like the Prominence. This is a nice trend from WSC. Would be great if their kits become entirely fixed pose. :P
Yeah, it's kind of pointless to have joints there since the usual massive shoulder armors of a MH is in the way. You can also add Vatshu to the list of kits having fixed shoulders.

John F. Moscato
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:24 am

Post by John F. Moscato » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:50 am

Great to see such fast progress pics of the Gast. Definitely more detailed than I thought it would be; the armor panels on the chest came out really well. I was never a fan of the design, but seeing it so well-rendered in 3D has got me to warm-up on the design a bit. Would have been nice had the socket around the shoulder/collar mechanisms been more realistically recessed though.
John F. Moscato

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:15 am

This site has a huge pictures of his pinned Gastness.

http://valyrika.com/report/gt.html

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:50 am

Sheizzel wrote:This site has a huge pictures of his pinned Gastness.

http://valyrika.com/report/gt.html
Looks great!

Hope I can get my hands on one soon...

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:29 am

Is there anyone here that didn't pre-order from hlj? =p

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:42 am

I can see why WSC quickly sold out the first batch, and doing reproduction soon after :D .

I was browsing through an on-line shop in Japan and it had the Gastness scheduled for March release...I don't want to wait that long! :evil:

So far I know 4 who've pre-ordered one from HLJ(KOG, Jinnai, one from another board and me). I wonder if HLJ can get enough to filled the orders?

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:48 am

Sheizzel wrote:I was browsing through an on-line shop in Japan and it had the Gastness scheduled for March release...I don't want to wait that long! :evil:
I used babelfish.altavista.com to translate the latest news release on WSC official website.

Gastness first went on sale on November 30th, and that production run completely sold out. They are continuing to produce kits and more should be available around mid-december, but I think most or all of these may be going to people who pre-ordered the kit. They also mentioned something about March, but I couldn't quite make sense of it. I suppose it's possible that regular online shops won't get any stock until March... that's really too bad.

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:07 am

Here's what I got from HLJ after emailing them about the status of the Gastness Temple.

"So far, the information we have from our distributors is that we
will receive it in December. If that information changes, we will
change it on our website. We do appreciate your patience in the
meantime!"

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:31 am

Sheizzel wrote:Here's what I got from HLJ after emailing them about the status of the Gastness Temple.

"So far, the information we have from our distributors is that we
will receive it in December. If that information changes, we will
change it on our website. We do appreciate your patience in the
meantime!"
AWESOME!!

Fingers crossed...

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:29 am

Darn it...As expected, the release date for the Gastness has been pushed back to March 2006 as seen from HLJ :evil: .

Vincent Valentine
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:43 am
Contact:

Post by Vincent Valentine » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:12 pm

Most of you know how I feel about WSC's choice of armour detailing....

For those of you who don't, suffice to say that I hate it.

The rounded edges of the torso, the undertailed hindside of the legs, the stumpiness of the overall sculpt is throwing me off.

Not that this is bad by any means, - just not to my taste. It's an improvement over the FAC version in some ways, but between the choosing of the two evils, I'd apt for an angel.

Yes, I'd rather wait for a Volks release.

Post Reply