Last Junchoon faces

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Last Junchoon faces

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:47 pm

To start off, I have an original and recast of MM Last Junchoon. As I was flipping through pages of English vol.20 I noticed the Last Junchoon had different shapes of face mask on two separately drawings. I guess this is due to the angle that was drawn from for one of the face. I always thought that the face that came with the Volks MM kit was too long, not that it is inaccurate, just that I prefer the other(shorter) face.

So I went ahead and reshaped the face on my recast and I'm quite happy with the result. How about the rest of you who has this kit? Even for those who does not have it, which do you prefer?

Original face:

Reshaped face:

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:51 pm

The reshaped face is not bad at all... but I think I prefer the longer face overall because it fits better with those long cheek guards.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:56 pm

KOG wrote:The reshaped face is not bad at all... but I think I prefer the longer face overall because it fits better with those long cheek guards.
You're right about the cheek guards, they do make the face look much smaller. I can always add some putty and make the face a little bigger :) . I guess I should just say I prefer to have the straight edged face mask than the original longer face which has a slight curve when looking at it from the side.

rodneyman

Last Junchoon vs Engage Series

Post by rodneyman » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:34 pm

Actually, I love Last Junchoon so much, and wonder why WSC don't
produce a one which could easily be updated from the Late Junchoon already made....Do you know why??

And I am not sure why WSC is going to make a new SR3. They already made one, what are the differences between the old and the coming one??? Worth to buy it???

John F. Moscato

Re: Last Junchoon vs Engage Series

Post by John F. Moscato » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:01 pm

rodneyman wrote:Actually, I love Last Junchoon so much, and wonder why WSC don't
produce a one which could easily be updated from the Late Junchoon already made....Do you know why??

And I am not sure why WSC is going to make a new SR3. They already made one, what are the differences between the old and the coming one??? Worth to buy it???
The new SR-3 is presumed to be the manga version, which is essentially the same MH but with some different forearm/skirt armor, as well as a slightly-different Peidoll Spire.

Agreed, a Junchoon O.D.K. from WSC would be well-received.
John F. Moscato

KOG

Re: Last Junchoon vs Engage Series

Post by KOG » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:56 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:Agreed, a Junchoon O.D.K. from WSC would be well-received.
Junchoon ODK is another name for Late Junchoon, yes?

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:12 pm

According to the english FSS translations (which should be the latest info), the term "ODK" is used to describe the Junchoon after it has been fitted to its final form in JC 4000. Basically, what us kit-builders refer to as "Last Junchoon."

Waaaay back in the day ( like late 80s :D ) Volks and I think Wave adopted the "ODK" monicker for the Junchoon 2989 version. I'm guessing because it was believed at that time that Sopp's retooling would be the MH's only/final overhaul, and that it would appear in that exact configuration during the mythical Junchoon Vs KOG showdown... Little did they know :wink:
John F. Moscato

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:41 am

ODK stands for October Distroyed Kid, right?

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:35 am

Last I heard, yes.
John F. Moscato