Were do you get them?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:05 pm

LaughingMan wrote:Yeah. I am not thrilled about paying the brokerage fee either. But I figured that $38 is about the amount i would have to pay for gas to drive to and from Seattle (and the time).
If you ship via Postal service then there is no brokerage fee.

Also, a lot of comic book stores carries FSS manga books now.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

LaughingMan

Post by LaughingMan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:20 am

Happy Hopping.
Canada Post DOES charge a brokerage fee, which they call "handling fee". However, it is quite cheap. I believe it is a flat Cdn$5.00 because I have gotten parcels several times from the US of varying declared values in which I paid only $5.00 handling plus the GST on the value of goods.

As I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread, Kinokuniya insisted to use UPS parcel services to send books to their customers because they believe the risk of losing stuff is much lower than the US Postal Service.

Yes. Many shops in the lower mainland sell English translation of various manga.....but the catch is "who sells FSS"???? As far as i know, there is no one around town. - If you know of a shop, please share the secret. Imperial Hobbies in Richmond has a few old issues which they got from Diamond Dist. and maybe Sofia Books still has #25 and #26 on the shelf. However, I don't think Sofia Books normally carries FSS, and may have brought in these two issues when I asked them to order #21 as part of my larger order of MaK Chronicles and Encyclopedia #1 and #2.

Tsunami65

Post by Tsunami65 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:13 pm

In the end it all worked out well. I recently recieved my book 25, safe and sound. Now all I need to do is post the damaged book 26 back to them.

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:25 pm

Usually when I order via airmail even if I order a large amount of books, the postal workers never, ever hand deliver the package.

My mailbox is about 2 blocks away and it has about 5 big compartments, and its always in there.

They stopped delivering minor packages long ago.

LaughingMan

Post by LaughingMan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:33 pm

Canadian Fan

Imperial Hobbies still has SQUARE BOUND issues #1, 3, 7, 8 and 11.
I visited the store during my lunch break today. The five books look to be still in good shape even though they have been on the shelf for a long time. You should write /phone them to ask Dave the manager how much to buy and ship to you in Saskatchewan. This shop won't be getting any further FSS.

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:38 pm

amazon has many of the regular english trans issues too.

their service has always been great for me, but I usually get them from my comic shop who uses Diamond, so of course I miss issues sometimes because of Diamond's rediculous pre-order minimums (don't they know every issue of a serialized work is IMPORTANT?!)

The Kinokuniya in LA, CA runs their toll free phone ordering

(800) 59-JAPAN

they have actually been so kind as to put me on hold while calling other stores (or just call me back) to find out if something I want is available from another of their stores. Then they do everything necessary to get my item to me at no extra charge to me. Pretty great service, but I'm always very careful to be thoughtful and patient about language barrier issues.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:59 pm

Are there any english FSS fan on Gears ?

Since amazon.fr hasn't stocked FSS books for more than a year, and since I'm not really inclined to pay 1/3rd of the total command price in P&P each time I want some books, I wonder if some stores sell it in the UK, on a regular base or if at least there's a possibility to special order them, cuz' my sister is in the UK now.
Well she's in Edimburgh, last time she visited a library, a guy told her they could order it, then she came back and a lady told her they couldn't :|

Diamond comic seems to be a distributor in the UK? so should this mean a library could order FSS ?

I still lack books 15 to 19 & 25, and those numbers almost never show up on ebay (and then they rise up to 13£, even more expensive than the brand new price...)

Oh BTW, FSS designs #1 is discontinued on HLJ, is it already out of production ?
I think someone said it was already in it's 3rd print, I hope I haven't miss it on HLJ, if I get it somewhere else, it'll cost me twice as much :?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:14 pm

I don't know if this helps you but when I was in Switzerland I purchased books from Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 05-6431918

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 05-6431918
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:17 pm

THanks, but it looks like amazon UK hasn't stock neither.
It's displayed "usually dispatched in 1 or 2 working days", but there's no way to order, only "used and new" is available, and as some of those "used and new" books come from the US, I'm not sure I'd win anything on P&P. :|

Booh... The quest is not over yet :wink:

GON

Post by GON » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:07 pm

hello, Falk

you'll find vol. 25 at amazon.de here :

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search ... 61-7741039

the price is approx. 12 euros.

You should buy FSS books when they're yet available :
if you postpone too much, they'll become more and more harder to find.
I bought almost all FSS volume from amazon.fr, amazon.uk, amazon.de, for 10 euros each, every month during their publication.
I've completed my collection thanks to Akadotretail.com : the P&P isn't so heavy when you order 5-6 books at the same time.

hang on ! ^^

superdupont

Post by superdupont » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:09 pm

Yep, amazon.de can be a source for us European guys, even if they don't stock some of their affiliates do more often that those of amazon.fr, although what they'll have in store is unpredictable. Amazon.ca can bring good surprises sometimes, though p&p can be expensive like with amazon.com. FSS can be a pricey hobby at times :twisted: And then there are all those lovely MH resin kits... Oh well, off topic here.
I'm curious to see what will happen with future editions. Being a late comer to FSS I somehow feel like I missed the boat concerning the previous books.

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:27 am

God f*ckin' damn it !

FSS Designs is REALLY out of stock, both on HLJ and another export site (Nippon-export).
Now I'm angry... Crap... I didn't buy it in case I could find some english books which have priority on my list...

I'm getting nuts about that manga... I'm gonna mail toyspress or automatic flowers pretty soon god damn it... :twisted:

Oh BTW guys, I mailed HLJ asking if there was a possibility for them to carry the english books in the near future (telling them that the MHs were well known amongst modeler community and that some of them would like to read the story blablablah) (so they would sell at least 20, yeah I know whatever my arguments are, we're still 20 fans worldwide) but well no, it's not on their to do list obviously...

I'm waiting for news from my sister then I'll take serious measures : I'll threaten Nagano that I'll draw really fat fatimas and spread it on the net if they don't set up an online shop that ship internationnally.

Thanks for the link Gon, I'll think about it when I have news fom my sister. But the book comes from the US doesn't it ? Sometimes those "affiliates" sale FSS english book for 60€, I don't get it...

Oh BTW Gon, another frenchman on Gears, yeah ! And Superdupont, are you french too ? Or canadian/quebecian maybe ?
Just that I'm counting french FSS fans, for now, I think we're mmh... 6 I think, maybe 7. :P :P :P

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:45 am

Last time I checked, Akadot.com had several in stock.
Shinei!

superdupont

Post by superdupont » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:48 am

Yep Falk, I'm French too. So I guess we reach the great number of 7. Crazy...

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:22 pm

Yeah ! 7 now^^
Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Last time I checked, Akadot.com had several in stock.
Yeah but akadot is based in the US, so if I buy there I pay the shipping twice (from Japan to US, and US to France). It costs 42$=35€, while the HLJ price was 20€, and nippon-export 25€ (I may sound boring but I really hate spending money on shipping, it hurts my moneybag as well as the environement^^ They'd rather remove abit of all the crap we get easily from the transport container and replace it with a bit more good stuff... )