WSC Gastness-Finished!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

junchoon
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:15 am

OT: WSC restock

Post by junchoon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:25 am

seems that WSC is going to restock Ashura Temple Prototype 01, among other kits. Nathan, wonder if this is good news for you? i vaguely remember u got this kit from someone already, no?

wps

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: WSC restock

Post by KOG » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:02 am

junchoon wrote:seems that WSC is going to restock Ashura Temple Prototype 01, among other kits. Nathan, wonder if this is good news for you? i vaguely remember u got this kit from someone already, no?

wps
Yup, already got one from another member here...

User avatar
happy hopping
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:29 am

Post by happy hopping » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:19 pm

KOG wrote:This is a little off the main topic, but...

Since WSC is apparently willing to revisit old sculpts (LED Mirage variations, and now the Ashura variant and Sr3 comic version), why why WHY doesn't WSC do a KOG AT based on the original KOG? A WSC KOG AT would be super...
You're sure there isn't enough KOG AT in the market?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:21 pm

happy hopping wrote:You're sure there isn't enough KOG AT in the market?
Yes, I'm sure.

John F. Moscato
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:24 am

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:34 pm

From my perspective, I'm quite satisfied with the Volks SAV version.

Admittedly, you could always use that model as a base and then retro-fit the flat feet from the KOG SSS version; perhaps even use the sculpted shoulders from another variant, if you really like the relief-detail Knight Master eyes. I'm sure recasts would make excellent donors for the parts needed.
John F. Moscato

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:16 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:From my perspective, I'm quite satisfied with the Volks SAV version.

Admittedly, you could always use that model as a base and then retro-fit the flat feet from the KOG SSS version; perhaps even use the sculpted shoulders from another variant, if you really like the relief-detail Knight Master eyes. I'm sure recasts would make excellent donors for the parts needed.
A retro-fitted Volks SAV V3 wouldn't be in same size range as my regular KOGs (and most other kits for that matter).

And I'm doubtful that SSS KOG feet would be big enough to fit nicely on the V3.

At the end of the day though, I just really liked the WSC KOG sculpt, and would like to pair it with an equivalent-sized and equivalent-detailed AT version.

I guess that I'll have to settle for picking up the SSS KOG AT when it's re-issued though...

John F. Moscato
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:24 am

Post by John F. Moscato » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:47 am

KOG wrote:
John F. Moscato wrote:From my perspective, I'm quite satisfied with the Volks SAV version.

Admittedly, you could always use that model as a base and then retro-fit the flat feet from the KOG SSS version; perhaps even use the sculpted shoulders from another variant, if you really like the relief-detail Knight Master eyes. I'm sure recasts would make excellent donors for the parts needed.
A retro-fitted Volks SAV V3 wouldn't be in same size range as my regular KOGs (and most other kits for that matter).

And I'm doubtful that SSS KOG feet would be big enough to fit nicely on the V3.

At the end of the day though, I just really liked the WSC KOG sculpt, and would like to pair it with an equivalent-sized and equivalent-detailed AT version.

I guess that I'll have to settle for picking up the SSS KOG AT when it's re-issued though...
If you're hell-bent on the WSC model, then you can simply use that kit as the base, and take the head & shoulders from the Patriarch kit of your choice to kitbash it.

I completely understand your liking the Ikushima KOG: even amongst newer releases, it still has its charm, as well as very nice detail and proportions. Size-wise, it's still a fairly large sculpt though: I remember posing it next to my old AF and even some later MM kits (Ashura Temple, etc) and it clearly towers over them.

In fact, aside from the thighs (which are much longer on the SAV) and the head (which is much more massive on the SAV) kit, the overall size of the WSC Joker 3100 and the SAV V3 are pretty darn close... Or should i say, as close as they can be, considering that they're drastically-different interpretations.
John F. Moscato

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:08 am

HLJ now has the Gastness Temple up for pre-order!

Better hurry up and pre-order one to save some money^^.

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:46 am

Talk about fast...

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~fastrun/mortarheadd.htm

I also asked him to take pictures of the Gastness Temple and he told me he'll do it next Sunday :) .

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:44 pm

The site has been updated with some pictures of the Gastness Temple.

The chest looks nice!

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~fastrun/wscgt.htm

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:05 pm

Sheizzel wrote:The site has been updated with some pictures of the Gastness Temple.

The chest looks nice!

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~fastrun/wscgt.htm
Very nice!

The neck fibers look well done, and the chest has more details than I would have expected. Really looking forward to getting this now.

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:14 pm

Man...I wish someone who has January issues of Hobby Japan and Model Graphix can share pictures of the Gastness Temple with us :wink: .

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:27 pm

Sheizzel wrote:Man...I wish someone who has January issues of Hobby Japan and Model Graphix can share pictures of the Gastness Temple with us :wink: .
My january Hobby Japan is in the mail, I can scan the Gastness pages when it arrives...

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:38 pm

I got the Hobby Japan on order at HLJ, but not shipped yet. Hopefully you'll get yours soon :D .

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:41 pm

Sheizzel wrote:I got the Hobby Japan on order at HLJ, but not shipped yet. Hopefully you'll get yours soon :D .
I think it'll probably be at least a week until I have it, since it was shipped via SAL.

Post Reply