WSC Gastness-Finished!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

WSC Gastness-Finished!

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:24 pm

Check it out for yourself^^.

Proportioning on this kit doesn't look too bad, thank god. You'll be able to see more of this kit by picking up Jan. 2006 issues of Hobby Japan or Model Graphix.

http://www.workshop-cast.co.jp/cast_f023.html
http://www.workshop-cast.co.jp/cast_topics.html

Also, there's a mention of the Flamberge Tempkle in the series lin-up!

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:24 pm

Hi Sheizzel.

Thanks for the links! I was never terribly fond of the Gast Temple, but somehow the WSC sculpt has done it justice. Looks like the WSC machine is kicking into overdrive... I wonder if the Flamberge is slated for release before or after the Berlin?

In so much as Ikushima-kun has a tendancy to sculpt his MHs rather "meaty", I'm a bit surprised that he never got around to sculpting a Siren A or D; I think the design would suit his style very well.
John F. Moscato

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:37 pm

As per the link you posted above, the upcoming kits (in order) are as follows:

-Ashura Temple prototype 03<--not quite sure which one this is

-Temple Berlin SR-2

-Flamberge Temple

-Jade Temple SR-3
John F. Moscato

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:38 pm

Hah! HAH!

Gastness looks good! In fact, the slight 'WSC thickening' actually makes me like this design more. Can't wait to get one.

Flamberge Temple? My god, if they're really doing one, I'll be in heaven.

And what's the fourth thing mentioned? I think it says Ashura Temple/Prototype 03? Could this be a variation of the existing Ashura... maybe the one with the simple 'pincer claws' that come out of the shoulders, as seen in the manga?

After the 4 MH are mentioned, there's this message:

"Completion circumstance, we announce consecutively. Expectation."

(that's a babelfish translation)

So I guess they really are going to release all 4 of those? Awesome. 100% awesome.

I wonder what's the significance of A, D, F, and J?

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:45 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:As per the link you posted above, the upcoming kits (in order) are as follows:

-Ashura Temple prototype 03<--not quite sure which one this is

-Temple Berlin SR-2

-Flamberge Temple

-Jade Temple SR-3
I think the Prototype 03 is that one seen in japanese vol 11... looks like the regular prototype version, but it has simple pincer blades in place of the 'claw hands' seen in the first prototype.

The Sr3 will be the comic version of course. Not real excited about that one yet, but the rest are highly anticipated on my end.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:47 pm

This is a little off the main topic, but...

Since WSC is apparently willing to revisit old sculpts (LED Mirage variations, and now the Ashura variant and Sr3 comic version), why why WHY doesn't WSC do a KOG AT based on the original KOG? A WSC KOG AT would be super...

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:07 pm

KOG wrote:This is a little off the main topic, but...

Since WSC is apparently willing to revisit old sculpts (LED Mirage variations, and now the Ashura variant and Sr3 comic version), why why WHY doesn't WSC do a KOG AT based on the original KOG? A WSC KOG AT would be super...
Probably because the company's talent-base is comprised of only 2 sets of mits, and sometimes they just have to make necessary product decisions, and I for one applaud them: no other firm has officially released or even announced a Gast, Flamberge, or Ashura III in 1/100 that I know of, and this will allow WSC to wreap the benefit of being the only game in town for those kits... At least for the time being.

This is only a guess on my part, but the fact that WSC have announced so many models at once (which is unprecedented) would lead me to believe that those project are either quite advanced in the planning stage, or already in development. Model/Toy firms tend to like to keep their cards close to their chest, and generally won't make official announcements unless a project is already in the pipeline.
John F. Moscato

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:08 pm

For once, the fat torso's that WSC are so good at sculpting turns out ok in my eyes. :)

I wonder if HLJ will stock this eventually..

But it's pretty amazing that WSC have gone from two announced kits at WF, to now 5?

Where did the Ashura come from? =p And surely it must be further ahead than the previously announced Berlin Sr2 for it to be next on the release schedule.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:20 pm

jinnai wrote:For once, the fat torso's that WSC are so good at sculpting turns out ok in my eyes. :)

I wonder if HLJ will stock this eventually..

But it's pretty amazing that WSC have gone from two announced kits at WF, to now 5?

Where did the Ashura come from? =p And surely it must be further ahead than the previously announced Berlin Sr2 for it to be next on the release schedule.
I'm sure HLJ would stock this stuff... eventually. They've gotten every other WSC kit so far. Even the Prominence (though much delayed).

5 kits indeed! Gastness Temple, Berlin Sr2, comic version Engage sr3, Flamberge Temple, and Ashura 03... amazing. Whole lot of Temple series MH when you think about it... I'm glad Volks is doing Luminous, otherwise I'd start feeling Mirage-deprived...

Ashura Temple Prototype 03, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is a VERY simple change from the existing WSC Ashura kit. So it's no surprise that it would come out soon... not much work involved in getting it ready. As far as I can remember, it's virtually identical to the existing kit, except the shoulder equipment.
Last edited by KOG on Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:24 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:Probably because the company's talent-base is comprised of only 2 sets of mits, and sometimes they just have to make necessary product decisions, and I for one applaud them: no other firm has officially released or even announced a Gast, Flamberge, or Ashura III in 1/100 that I know of, and this will allow WSC to wreap the benefit of being the only game in town for those kits... At least for the time being.

This is only a guess on my part, but the fact that WSC have announced so many models at once (which is unprecedented) would lead me to believe that those project are either quite advanced in the planning stage, or already in development. Model/Toy firms tend to like to keep their cards close to their chest, and generally won't make official announcements unless a project is already in the pipeline.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm very excited that WSC has FIVE new kits on the way (well, 3 new ones and 2 new variations of old ones).

I can totally see how WSC would be really busy right now... I'm just wondering why they never bothered to do a KOG AT in all the years since the KOG Lachesis came out. It really would have been a pretty minor change... Just the new head and a few cosmetic armor changes, for the most part...

Anyways, back to main topic... new WSC kits! Yay! And all are not available from other companies! Double yay!

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:57 pm

It's no surprise that the focus point of this release and for most other WSC kits are the lower portion of the MH. I think the legs came out fine this time around. I also think it would look a little better if the skirt armors were slightly smaller? Still, I'm quite happy it turned out the way it looks^^.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:47 pm

Sheizzel wrote:It's no surprise that the focus point of this release and for most other WSC kits are the lower portion of the MH. I think the legs came out fine this time around. I also think it would look a little better if the skirt armors were slightly smaller? Still, I'm quite happy it turned out the way it looks^^.
I'm happy too...

And I just realized it's not all painted one color, like some other Gastness we've seen.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:28 am

KOG wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm very excited that WSC has FIVE new kits on the way (well, 3 new ones and 2 new variations of old ones).
That's the thing.. Volks haven't really even announced their ONE kit yet.

Interesting turn of events.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:46 pm

Sure they did! 1/100 Luminous Mirage to be sculpted by Hirai :D
John F. Moscato

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:08 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:Sure they did! 1/100 Luminous Mirage to be sculpted by Hirai :D
Sorry John, what I meant was it hasn't shown up in any other medium (magazine and whatnot) with the exception of online. And no imagry yet. :)