Inside the Mortar Headd

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:31 pm

can somebody please post another link with the image mentioned in the first post in this thread-

I have never seen it- and the link in this thread either doesn't connect anymore or I can't access it for some reason-

I am a massive mech-head (Mortar Headd's especially) and would really like to see what everyone is talking about.

Thanks

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:13 pm

I'll post all the images on Gears Online if someone gives me some text to go with it.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:13 am

I second and third that.

A translation of that article would make the FSS pages on this site reign supreme...
Shinei!

errol

Post by errol » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:45 pm

Fourth that!

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:52 pm

I'll redily vote a fifth! A translation would be awesome- however for the time being- I'll settle for just the image. (or a link thereto)

unlike FSS fans of Nu-Sword's caliber, ever since I got into FSS all I've really been able to do is "look at the pretty pictures" and not have a clue who was who or what was what- I have never even been able to afford getting the translated volumes- I've had to read somebody else's (thanks Nu-Sword) and I am horribly behind in that department to boot-

Even though I am all but clueless when it comes to FSS,it is still one of my favorite series for the sheer uniqueness of Nagano's art and mechanical designs- the translation can wait (or never happen for that matter) the imagery is what I love about the manga anyway

so once again- if anyone can add a restored link to the image mentioned in the first post in this thread- I would really love to see it!

Thanks.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:27 am

I'll do you one better heir Gato, I'll show you the book-in-question, in person next time I come around for a visit.
Shinei!

errol

Post by errol » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:49 pm

Nu Soard, that is a tease. You need to help us in the virtual world. I have never seen this illustration and have been dieing to. The Siren Neptune is my favorite MH. I have not been able to find Smoke Walls for myself. I would buy it if I could find it. We really need someone to repost this.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:41 pm

Since there are requests, I would be happy to scan the images even without accompanying text. However, I have a two year old at home who loves to tear pages and yank computer cords so I can't promise when I'll have a chance to sit down and do the scanning work.

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:36 pm

Thanks all-

I appreciate your time and consideration- In the same fashion that I can (and often do) wait for a translation- I can hold my impatience in check and hope that Gears will construct the entry in due time with proper thouroness- thanks again-

and a special thanks to NuSword (I should have known you would have this book- duh!)

as a thank you of sorts- perhaps I can assist in your next FSS cosplay project- (when I saw the illustration of the character in question- my first thought was that you'd be very good for cosplaying that character-)

til then -

JA!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:54 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/mh/siren_neptune.jpg

This image generously donated by John F. Moscato. Thanks!

errol

Post by errol » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:44 pm

Thank you very much John and Tachyon. Even more impressive than I had expected. The design and realism are amazing. Nagano has really thought about how they would really work. Guess I shouldn't be suprised. I am suprised no sculpters have taken a stab at it. Would be cool.

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:55 pm

^_^ Thanks ^_^ Nuf said!