What's Going On At Gears

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

What's Going On At Gears

Post by Tachyon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:14 pm

Hello, everyone. I just wanted to take advantage of some free minutes here at the office to let everyone know what I have in mind for Gears Online.

Five Star Stories - Nu Soard has just submitted profiles for a healthy number of fatimas, the mysterious Kaienken and Dr. Ballanche. I will be busy scanning images to use for the new pages. The Ballanche profile gives me the motivation I need to get off my butt and scan the Ballanche Castle images from Twin Towers and post the fictional Chatty Wood interview. Fact checking will be greatly appreciated once those are posted.

Gundam - I'm 2 line art images away from finishing my batch of Tyrant Sword of Neofalia images which were generously submitted by a Gears Online visitor some time back. A section will be made for Tyrant Sword. Newton's high quality scans from Gaia Gear will form the foundation of a new Gaia Gear section. I will be looking online for people to write summary info on those two UC Gundam side stories.

If anyone would like to serve the role of special liaison to MAHQ, please let me know. I think there are opportunities now to form a relationship with those guys if they're open to the idea. They pride themselves on their Gundam content but some of their sections are sorely lacking in images that Gears Online can provide.

I spoke of posting Gundam Girls images a while back. I would like to have some Gundam Girls content up in time for Sakura Con in Seattle. I've been putting it off until I had my Tyrant Sword and Gaia Gear material in order. I understand that Gundam Girls images are controversial and considered by some to be "cheap, tawdry and morally degrading." Well, I'm not exactly a saint so I'll just post the images and hope that parent groups don't try to turn us into Gears Offline. If any of you become offended please feel free to contact me and voice your concerns.

Other - Once the Gaia Gear and Tyrant Sword sections are started it will be time to contemplate new projects. I have a good supply of materials for Super Robot Wars and L Gaim but I don't want to work on those projects alone. If someone comes on board as a researcher/profile writer I'll get to work. Otherwise, I'll drift into other projects. I have some Cruise Chaser Blassty images but for some reason I feel like putting that off until sometime next year.

That's the info. If you have any feedback feel free to reply to this post.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:21 pm

Well I think that a special leasion to MAHQ.net would be good, espically for Sentinal related material.
One thing of note that has reciently come about is that MAHQ has seriously given some much needed attention to its Crossbone Vanguard sections and now surpasses this site in everything CB related save for the pics department.
I am not a member of their boards, but I visit the site frequently and will keep GEARS updated of any future changes that directly affect this site, such as the massive CB updateing.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:15 am

If you are member of MAHQ board, you would known that whole CB stuff (and SD Gundam G Generation), come from Mr.AmuroNT1. He translate their profile from SD Gundam G Generation F's profile, note that the game provide quite detail profile even on some rare machine.

Now, we still lack a translator here...
Justice will never lose!

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:30 am

You need not even be a member of the boards, they post who did the profiles right there on the fromt page.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:41 am

Sorry that I didn't make my point clear. I just want to say that we still need a nice translator who also has nice source to provide us here.

Well, what we really need is translator, we can find source for him to translate... :wink:
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm

Yes, one or more translators would really help things here. I can scan lots of Japanese text for them to translate. The trouble is, most people who can translate don't enjoy it and don't want to do it if they aren't getting paid.

Perhaps we'll find some good people in the future.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:47 pm

Well, things rarely work out like we plan. I've been sucked into another rush Web project at the office so I don't have time to even turn on my computer at home. Hopefully this project will be finished soon.