Volks-Mortar Head HANGAR?

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Volks-Mortar Head HANGAR?

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:21 pm

The upcoming issue of TOYS Vol.05 from Toyspress has an article about the making of this new project from Okiharu Hirai, who is of course from Volks.

http://www.toyspress.co.jp/storystore/d ... S-005.html Page-96

This is the translation I got off the net:

"' MH hanger ' sentence - Okiharu Hirai Okiharu odd ability modeller Hirai of ボークス which handles the figure and the robot and both modelling, ' the five star story ' reporting the prototype production process of motor head ルミナス"

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:10 am

Hey, thanks for digging this out
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

errol

Post by errol » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:27 am

Has anyone ever seen a drawing of a Mortar Headd hanger by Nagano?

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:58 am

The only one I can remember distinctly is the MH Hangar within the Colus facilities when Junchoon was being overhauled. That very scene was made into a diorama kit, I believe by Kaiyodo, but I'm not certain.
John F. Moscato

superdupont

Post by superdupont » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:59 pm

Yep, I think there's a recast of it on e2046 or hobbyfan, I remember seeing this scene not so long ago, a Junchoon with a hangar basis and "industrial stuff". Not a whole hangar though, no walls etc.

Henry

Post by Henry » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:33 am

I believe "hanger" is merely a topic title. way cooler name than resin kit corner.
So the question is what is the kit.... Calvary R. I believe. Have to check again. but about 95% sure. And Hirai is doing it? It is his strength area and I hope it will top the silicon tribe version which has crisp details but rather awtward overall.

Yeah, the only hanger/ factory type of kit ever released is the junchoon.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:04 am

So hangar is not a real hangar? The actual kit is Calvary R?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:20 am

Henry wrote:I believe "hanger" is merely a topic title. way cooler name than resin kit corner.
So the question is what is the kit.... Calvary R. I believe. Have to check again. but about 95% sure.
Yay :) The first message I read from on this board Henry turns out to be very good news. Very Happy. Thanks. :)

KOG

Re: Volks-Mortar Head HANGAR?

Post by KOG » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:40 pm

Oh my god! Finally a new MH from Volks! And it's the one I really wanted them to make! YAY!

This is indeed a great day. But you know, we should have realized this from the very beginning. Look back at this quote from Sheizzel's first post in this topic:
Sheizzel wrote:"' MH hanger ' sentence - Okiharu Hirai Okiharu odd ability modeller Hirai of ボークス which handles the figure and the robot and both modelling, ' the five star story ' reporting the prototype production process of motor head ルミナス"
reporting the prototype production process of motor head LUMINOUS

So that means they are actually working on Luminous Mirage, not Calvary R. As far as I understand it, Luminous Mirage is the name for the MH without buster, and Calvary R is the name for the same MH WITH buster?

I'll be happy with a Luminous Mirage kit, but I really hope they'd also release a Calvary R variation with buster later on.

Or maybe they've got the names all confused, and will release the buster right from the beginning. :)

In any case, this is wonderful news, but we should have realized this from the very beginning. Was just too lazy to translate the katakana I guess.

Yay for Volks!

Henry

Post by Henry » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:07 am

KOG wrote:So that means they are actually working on Luminous Mirage, not Calvary R. As far as I understand it, Luminous Mirage is the name for the MH without buster, and Calvary R is the name for the same MH WITH buster?
I don't think the name is absolutely strict. but kind of just "let's label the kit with the name where it appears." type of sense.
Nagano himself did not seem to have it all explained. I think? Or i did pay enough attention? Smoke Walls says it does not have ezlaser engine but he decided it is a kog conversion... Did he mention anything to that?

As for the kit itself, yeah, will be interesting to see what style they do it at. AF will be best to adopt poses and different weapons but they don't do that anymore. nor MM. may be optional parts?

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:45 am

Okiharu Hirai Okiharu odd ability modeller Hirai of ボークス which handles the figure and the robot and both modelling
You could almost interpret that sentence to mean Hirai is one of the few (if not the only) sculptor to make both the fatima (hugtrang) and the MH she pilots (Luminous).

But of course, the most obvious meaning is simply that he works on both figures and mecha. Bless him.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:24 pm

Henry wrote:As for the kit itself, yeah, will be interesting to see what style they do it at. AF will be best to adopt poses and different weapons but they don't do that anymore. nor MM. may be optional parts?

I would really hope that the kit will be SAV. I prefer the reduced number of parts, and the sturdy fixed pose. Personally, I would just like to build the MH exactly as it appears in Smoke Walls art. With the buster, and the exact same pose.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:50 pm

Personally, I'm just thrilled that we're seeing new sculpts from Volks, as opposed to reissues. I'll give a nodd to SAV as well; sturdy kits with nice detail and better joints than could have been acheived with the AF technique.

As for the subject matter, I can't say that I'm overly-enthusiastic about the Luminous (A.K.A. Girlie Mirage), but it's a start. :wink:
John F. Moscato

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:03 pm

I'd say SAV is a safe bet. Volks hasn't done anything but fixed pose in ages. Even kits not marked as SAV were fixed pose anyway, like the Mess Auge. And of course the short-lived SSS2002 line was fixed pose as well.

I consider myself a manly fellow, but something really tickles my fancy about the Luminous. The pink color scheme, the little hearts and clover markings, everything. I always liked the idea of there being 'masculine' and 'feminine' MH, so I really like the old Cross Mirage Male and Female. Now we have the Heavy Cross Mirage which is more or less an update of the Male Cross, and we also have the Calvary R/Luminous which very much FEELS like an update to female Cross, even if it's technically just the KOG in disguise.

Calvary R/Luminous feels like it has a lot more care and consideration put into the design, compared to most other stuff seen in Smoke Walls. Phantom was also very unique and interesting, but we've got kits of that now. Siren R never struck me as overly exciting... and heavy cross and T-233 seem like they need a little refinement to look really good. So yeah, Calvary R was definitely the thing I wanted to see a kit of most after Phantom... so I'm pretty happy right now.

Hopefully Volks can manage to make a nice looking Heavy Cross as a follow-up...

John F. Moscato wrote:Personally, I'm just thrilled that we're seeing new sculpts from Volks, as opposed to reissues. I'll give a nodd to SAV as well; sturdy kits with nice detail and better joints than could have been acheived with the AF technique.

As for the subject matter, I can't say that I'm overly-enthusiastic about the Luminous (A.K.A. Girlie Mirage), but it's a start. :wink:

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:32 am

KOG wrote:I consider myself a manly fellow, but something really tickles my fancy about the Luminous. The pink color scheme, the little hearts and clover markings, everything.
It's my favourite Smoke Walls design. It's pink, it's a bit whimsical, it's generally "fun". And it carries a big gun. Calvary R, that is. :)
I always liked the idea of there being 'masculine' and 'feminine' MH, so I really like the old Cross Mirage Male and Female. Now we have the Heavy Cross Mirage which is more or less an update of the Male Cross, and we also have the Calvary R/Luminous which very much FEELS like an update to female Cross, even if it's technically just the KOG in disguise.
I'm certainly no bible scholar, but the link between "Calvary" and "Cross" should be obvious to most people who have grown up in a country where christianity is the main religion. And for those of you who didn't, Google is your friend... :)
Hopefully Volks can manage to make a nice looking Heavy Cross as a follow-up...
You always want more, don't you... :wink: