Model Shop in Canada

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Post Reply
User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Model Shop in Canada

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:56 pm

A member from another board posted this site which is located in Canada. You see a lot of Gundam stuff, but look at the glass display! FSS kits, both Volks and WSC :D . I think that is Wave's 1/144 KOG AT infront of WSC Neptune.

http://www.gundamworkshop.com/default.asp?ch=theshop

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:29 am

That's what I like to see... nice FSS resins respectfully displayed behind glass and crappy unbuilt gundams out on the shelves. 8)

More seriously, I wonder where/how they are getting stock. Aren't FSS resins supposed to be for sale in Japan only? I also wonder what they are asking for those resins.

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:04 pm

Here's the list of kits I got from them and the pricing. They said they'll carry FSS resins for the long run. However, the supply will be limited due to copyright issues(no surprise there...).

"VOLKS SIREN F
VOLKS SIREN NEPTUNE
VOLKS A-TOLL Bs
VOLKS PHANTOM
VOLKS RED PHANTOM
VOLKS SIREN PROMINENCE
WSC NEPTUNE
WSC EMPRESS
WSC CLOUDE SCHATZE
WSC LED MIRAGE SARION
WSC BANG DOLL
And also
NEW-G KOG
NEW-G JAGD MIRAGE All above kits are 1/100 scale.
FSS resin kit starts from CAD220 to around CAD350 "

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:34 pm

Are the Neptune and Prominence SAV or MM? I think from the photo that Neptune is SAV, but the Prom might be MM?
Sheizzel wrote:Here's the list of kits I got from them and the pricing. They said they'll carry FSS resins for the long run. However, the supply will be limited due to copyright issues(no surprise there...).

"VOLKS SIREN F
VOLKS SIREN NEPTUNE
VOLKS A-TOLL Bs
VOLKS PHANTOM
VOLKS RED PHANTOM
VOLKS SIREN PROMINENCE
WSC NEPTUNE
WSC EMPRESS
WSC CLOUDE SCHATZE
WSC LED MIRAGE SARION
WSC BANG DOLL
And also
NEW-G KOG
NEW-G JAGD MIRAGE All above kits are 1/100 scale.
FSS resin kit starts from CAD220 to around CAD350 "

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:43 pm

I don't know whether the Prominence is MM or SAV...I've just emailed them and attach pictures of the packaging for both versions.

The box on my Volks SAV Prominence had "Mechanical Moving Series" on it, corrections were made to the later batches.

Image

Vincent Valentine
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:43 am
Contact:

Post by Vincent Valentine » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:00 am

Originals/recasts?

Ask about their pricing, and whether they do mail order and charge tax. (probably will though..)

John F. Moscato
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:24 am

Post by John F. Moscato » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:24 am

I've e-mailed these guys too, but they're certainly taking their sweet time responding to my e-mail :roll:

Personally, I'm a tad irritated that they couldn't/wouldn't provide a phone number: I could get the info I need about their stock in 3 minutes on the phone, rather than waiting 3 days+ for them to reply to e-mail.
John F. Moscato

John F. Moscato
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:24 am

Post by John F. Moscato » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:44 pm

I just recieved a reply from Gundam Workshop regarding prices (I was interested in the Volks SAV Neptune kit.)

1/100 Volks SAV Siren Neptune: $340.00 cdn

I enquired about shipping to Montreal as well, and I was told it'd be around $15.00. Add-on 7% for tax, and the tally jumps to $378.80 :shock:

Not to want to be a wet blanket on their endeavours, but I can get the very same model on Yahoo Japan, shipped EMS (and that'll probably arrive faster than if shipped from BC too) for roughly $140 less, even if I REALLY get gouged on shipping.

I suppose it MAY be worthwhile to get something from them if they have a model that you absolutely cannot find anywhere else and you want it badly enough, but for just about anything else, I'll stick to my current sources :wink:
John F. Moscato

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:35 pm

Vincent Valentine wrote:Originals/recasts?

Ask about their pricing, and whether they do mail order and charge tax. (probably will though..)
Originals, as you can see from the picture at the site.

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:41 pm

I got quick replies from them, although the answer I got for the Prominence wasn't too helpful...

As I said earlier, I attached two picture of the Prominence to check and see which one they carry. The reply I got was "It's the one on the right"...
I also sent the same email and attachment to my inbox to make sure nothing goes wrong and it only shows the pictures from top to bottom...I'm guessing the one they carry is SAV?

John, wow...the price is just...too expensive! I guess we can expect this kind of pricing outside of Japan, but damn...I guess we'll have to stick to our original sources, HLJ or YJ.

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:25 am

I wonder who their target maket is? Cashed-up newbies?

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:28 am

Sheizzel wrote:I attached two picture of the Prominence to check and see which one they carry. The reply I got was "It's the one on the right"...
I guess you are lucky they didn't answer you with "the orange one". :wink:

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:26 pm

Well, if you look at the picture that was first posted...

The kit to the right of Neptune (and under Red Phantom) is some kind of orange or red MH. And it seems to have the red MM label on the corner of the label. So it's gotta be either MM prominence, or maybe MM ashura temple, right? And I don't think you said they had an Ashura...

Sheizzel wrote:I got quick replies from them, although the answer I got for the Prominence wasn't too helpful...

As I said earlier, I attached two picture of the Prominence to check and see which one they carry. The reply I got was "It's the one on the right"...
I also sent the same email and attachment to my inbox to make sure nothing goes wrong and it only shows the pictures from top to bottom...I'm guessing the one they carry is SAV?

John, wow...the price is just...too expensive! I guess we can expect this kind of pricing outside of Japan, but damn...I guess we'll have to stick to our original sources, HLJ or YJ.

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:52 pm

Actually, I'm quite sure of that box under the Red Phantom and next to the Neptune is MM Siren F.

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:19 pm

Sheizzel wrote:Actually, I'm quite sure of that box under the Red Phantom and next to the Neptune is MM Siren F.
Ah, yes, I forgot that MM Siren F was red.... oh well. Thanks Sheizzel.

It's not a big deal anyway, I think I've cancelled my plans to get MM V Sirens since I heard about the upcoming SSS re-issue.

Post Reply