YMT Mirage

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

superdupont

YMT Mirage

Post by superdupont » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:41 pm

I just received an YMT "Babiron" Mirage I got from ebay... My first reaction was "oh crap, that old stone-hard green resin". My second reaction was "oh man, detail is damn good there" (chords on the shield, some similar stuff on the legs, and even a tiny fatima cockpit that can be seen if you put off the "hat" of the beast). My third reaction was "oh boy, how am I gonna build this, there are no instructions" !

Soooooo... Could someone please help me if you have instructions for a resin LED Mirage, I guess thy're all pretty similar as it comes to building. I have a Schpeltor and some logic so I can guess a few things, but more guidelines would be helpful.

Btw does anybody know about YMT ? I couldn't find the slightest piece of info about this company. It seems to me their sculpting was top notch.

KOG

Re: YMT Mirage

Post by KOG » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:26 pm

Soooooo... Could someone please help me if you have instructions for a resin LED Mirage, I guess thy're all pretty similar as it comes to building. I have a Schpeltor and some logic so I can guess a few things, but more guidelines would be helpful.
I wouldn't say this is true at all. I've got about a dozen different LED Mirage kits, and each one goes together differently. Some have as few as 20 parts, and some have closer to 100.

Perhaps if you could photo the parts, I might be able to offer some help.

superdupont

Post by superdupont » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:01 pm

The parts are currently having a washing bath... :wink:
My concerns were mostly for the arms but I guess that looking at LED pictures will do the trick, anyway. If I'm still in doubt I'll take some pictures and yell for your help, thanks.