FSS Designs 1 - Gears Online has a copy!

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

User avatar
Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2814
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

FSS Designs 1 - Gears Online has a copy!

Post by Tachyon » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:53 pm

This is big. I just got my 2 copies of FSS Designs 1. It's 176 pages. There really aren't any new mortar headds although a few are colored differently. There are a number of new character designs.

Does anyone want to translate? Perhaps just a summary? A few main points? Anything? I'll scan sections of Japanese text for anyone who wants to give it a try. I'll be busy for some time now scanning character images. Does anyone want a list of illustrations? I'm willing to write one.

This artbook is really cool. Let me know what you want to see, everyone and I'll start scanning!

Oh, and who is the "B.R.I.D.E." on the last page?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

User avatar
hitori
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Lucky Channel

Post by hitori » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:43 pm

Image

I don't have my Designs book yet but from what's been released so far, the Bride is Bucstual.
This scan is from a NewType article issued in July 2003.
There are other information about the Bride, but could be a spoiler. :?

User avatar
Rubel Colus
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 am
Location: The little red dot...

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:24 pm

finally received my copy too.

not bad. but for those who are expecting new MH pics there aren't any. infact, not many MH pics in the first place.

this book is great for those who have never gotten the other books. ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Image

User avatar
Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2814
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:18 pm

I think it's worth noting that the book finally gives us a nice sized image of the Cloudschatze (or however you spell that).
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

camui507

Post by camui507 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:54 pm

any scans of the LED Mirage and Maximum & his fatima would be nice. I have like one good clean pic of him, never even seen his fatima. :!: :D

User avatar
Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2814
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:18 pm

If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

User avatar
Falk
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:14 pm
Location: Babylon Kingdom (well, France :þ)

Re: FSS Designs 1 - Gears Online has a copy!

Post by Falk » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:35 pm

Tachyon wrote:This is big. I just got my 2 copies of FSS Designs 1. It's 176 pages.
Mmh I knew there was something weird.
There's a double page with 4 artworks near the end of the book (some pretty old paintings mostly of Lachesis lost with KOG).
The title are written on the next page, under the Kfir Imperium. The problem is that the artworks are on p.144 & 145, and the titles say p.162 & 163.
It's 176 pages really ?
Mine's 156 :|
Though I also have the Bride on the last page.
Or could there have been a problem with the page numbers in some printings, saying 176 instead of 156 ?
Could there be missing anything in my book ? :evil:
Or could I have bought a pirat reprint or whatever ?
I bought it to a Chinese on Ebay, as I missed it I jumped on the occasion, but he sold at least 10 of them later.
If so that's pretty well done, as there's even that bloody annoying stripe or whatever around the book (mmh though the ink may be marking the opposite page sometimes, on big artworks, though as it's more a small book on glossy paper than a big book like KF, I didn't pay attention).
I don't mind buying a copy if it's well done, I'd just rather support the creator, and at least be aware I'm buying a copy...

Just so I'm sure, if some want to check out their book :
-p.1 : Big artwork of Ama' in red and yellow kimono
-p.11 : Sopp kneeling with a guitar or something, and teenage Sopp
-p.21 : Destiny Lachesis (one in pink dress, blue hair, the other in white dress, brown hair), and Swe
-p.31 : FEMC Mirage Mortar Headd
-p.41 : Jagd Twin Tower, front view
-p.51 : Speed Mirage Cloudschatze (or wolke shatze, or whatever they decide to speel it depending on various parameters such as atmospheric pression, sea levels, planet alignment and things like that :wink: )
-p.61 : Spaccorn (old & new artworks)
-p.71 : Stateballo Kiedia & fatima Kale
-p.81 : Cha Tea & Hugtlang
-p.91 : Miss Muddler / Argon Prominence (Spark)
-p.101 : Queen & Deimos Hiarak
-p.111 : AKD's ground forces insignia
-p.121 : Small AKD ships (Plutonix, Folker, Prowler)
-p.131 : Arsenic Ballance
-p.141 : Demon Horn, Silvis Mirror
-p.151 : The 2 swords (the "Mist Breaker")

I've found some scans online and it's also 156 pages. Maybe the same bootleg, if it is ? :wink:
Image

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi Falk,

Did you purchase the Designs 1 book from this seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Five-Star-Stories-S ... dZViewItem

sharky

Post by sharky » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:57 pm

After seeing the scan, I'm going to get this book - TODAY. I saw one in a local Japanese book store a few days ago. I hope it is still there this afternoon

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:13 pm

Very sexy Lachessi =^^=

User avatar
Falk
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:14 pm
Location: Babylon Kingdom (well, France :þ)

Post by Falk » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:13 pm

Sheizzel wrote:Hi Falk,

Did you purchase the Designs 1 book from this seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Five-Star-Stories-S ... dZViewItem
Yep', any problem with this guy ? Or have you bought it from this guy too ?
I checked his profile, saw there was a few cases of "HK bootlegs" complaints, but it was mostly about some trading cards or something, so I thought it was ok.

Mmh, I just realise it's written "2006 Hatuji Studio"... I totally missed that when I bought it. Doesn't sound good. Several other book have also "2006 hatuji studio" in the description... FSS designs 2006 hey ?

Crap, I feel more and more like my lower back hurts... And I even advertised his auction on the forum, sh**.

If it lacks 20 pages, it's not the same story. :evil:
Image

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:50 pm

Hi Falk,

Nope, I didn't buy anything from this guy. I was considering about purchasing the one he has on ebay right now, but I don't think I will after hearing what you've said...

sharky

Post by sharky » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:12 pm

Sheizzel wrote:Hi Falk,

Nope, I didn't buy anything from this guy. I was considering about purchasing the one he has on ebay right now, but I don't think I will after hearing what you've said...
Just pickup a copy (at local Kinokuniya book store for US$39.95). :D Although most of the illustrations were old, for me it is still worth it because I did not get many of the previous illustration books.

sharky

Re: FSS Designs 1 - Gears Online has a copy!

Post by sharky » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:20 pm

Falk wrote: Mmh I knew there was something weird.
There's a double page with 4 artworks near the end of the book (some pretty old paintings mostly of Lachesis lost with KOG).
The title are written on the next page, under the Kfir Imperium. The problem is that the artworks are on p.144 & 145, and the titles say p.162 & 163.
It's 176 pages really ?
Mine's 156 :|
Though I also have the Bride on the last page.
Or could there have been a problem with the page numbers in some printings, saying 176 instead of 156 ?
Could there be missing anything in my book ? :evil:
Or could I have bought a pirat reprint or whatever ?
I bought it to a Chinese on Ebay, as I missed it I jumped on the occasion, but he sold at least 10 of them later.
If so that's pretty well done, as there's even that bloody annoying stripe or whatever around the book (mmh though the ink may be marking the opposite page sometimes, on big artworks, though as it's more a small book on glossy paper than a big book like KF, I didn't pay attention).
I don't mind buying a copy if it's well done, I'd just rather support the creator, and at least be aware I'm buying a copy...

Just so I'm sure, if some want to check out their book :
-p.1 : Big artwork of Ama' in red and yellow kimono
-p.11 : Sopp kneeling with a guitar or something, and teenage Sopp
-p.21 : Destiny Lachesis (one in pink dress, blue hair, the other in white dress, brown hair), and Swe
-p.31 : FEMC Mirage Mortar Headd
-p.41 : Jagd Twin Tower, front view
-p.51 : Speed Mirage Cloudschatze (or wolke shatze, or whatever they decide to speel it depending on various parameters such as atmospheric pression, sea levels, planet alignment and things like that :wink: )
-p.61 : Spaccorn (old & new artworks)
-p.71 : Stateballo Kiedia & fatima Kale
-p.81 : Cha Tea & Hugtlang
-p.91 : Miss Muddler / Argon Prominence (Spark)
-p.101 : Queen & Deimos Hiarak
-p.111 : AKD's ground forces insignia
-p.121 : Small AKD ships (Plutonix, Folker, Prowler)
-p.131 : Arsenic Ballance
-p.141 : Demon Horn, Silvis Mirror
-p.151 : The 2 swords (the "Mist Breaker")

I've found some scans online and it's also 156 pages. Maybe the same bootleg, if it is ? :wink:
The one I just picked up is 176 pages.
The Destiny Lachesis is on page 10
The teenage Sopp is on page 15
and FEMC Mirage Mortar Headd starts on page 43

Another interesting thing is compare to the pictures from the above ebay auction the illustration for the Mirage stormtroopers in mine is on page 133 which is the left side. But the picture from the auction show it on the right side.

No where I found mentioned 2006, Only reference to the print date is Sept 25th 2005. Is there already 2 editions?

User avatar
Falk
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:14 pm
Location: Babylon Kingdom (well, France :þ)

Post by Falk » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:15 pm

2 versions ? Maybe, more like one official and one not that much...
At first I would think bootleging a book is not really such a great deal, moreover an FSS book, but you never know XD

I'll see if there's a way to find mine is a copy or not (Maybe if I mail Automatic Flowers directly^^), then I'll see what I can do if I do anything (whining to paypal with the protection thingy, I have 4 days left :wink: ).
20 pages missing is kinda wrong. "kinda".

Mmh could there be some pages with some material hard to reproduce ?
Like some textured paper like in Knightflags/Smokewalls ?
Or some metallic paper parts ? Or glossy/matte stuff etc etc ?

I list the beginning of the book, up to p.43 (even numbered pages are on the right side, odd numbered pagse are on the left) :
-p1 : Ama' in red & yellow kimono, slightly seen from above. With title
-p2 : the 4 red diamond AKD icon
-p3 : Ama' in red & yellow kimono, this time full view from foot to head.
-p4 : Ama', old artwork from 1985, white and red outfit, big flower in the hair and all.
-p5 : Ama', new artwork, white kimono, with some blue and red circles
-p6 : Destiny Lachesis, new artwork, with pink ribbons in the hair
-p7 : Lachesis, old artwork, white robe with gold parts and FEMC cross.
-p8 : lachesis outfits, plastic style suite (the pink one), and a classy robe, dark red
-p9 : lachesis again, summer robe, with sun hat, another one, with gold robe
-p10 : ladios sopp & lady sopp
-p11 : Sopp kneeling, teenage Sopp
-p12 : Mell Rince
-p13 : Agari No Kimi and old Mel Rince artwrok
p14 : Amaterasu Focuslight
p15 : Amaterasu no Mikoto
p16 : Aisha & Wascsha
p17 : Sarion/Ikaruga, old and new artwork
p18 : Litora
-19 : Mell Sarcher
-20 : KOG
-21 : Destiny Lachesis (old artwork, true form with blue air) and youn Lachesis (brown hair) + Swe
-22 : KOG AT
-23 : Atropos (2 artworks)
-24 : Hughtrang
-25 : KOG as Luminous
-26 : Schpeltor
-27 : Auge Aruscul
-28 : Green Neiper and fatima Diode
-29 : Mashine Mess Auge
-30 : FEMC Bloodcross
-31 : FEMC Mirage Mortar Headd
-32 : LED
-33 : LED V3 Inferno Napalm
-34 : LED detailed artwork
-35 : LED's head lineart, another lineart and Fatima in red Plastic Style suit, during Monarch Sacred
-36 : Fatima Bucstual
-37 : Fatima Vitter Schasse & Fatima Cieciesterkesrem (WTF ?! :P )
-38-39 : Jagd, without twin tower
-40 : Jagd Twin Tower, full front view
-41 : Jagd Twin Tower, front view, busters cut
-42 : Jagd arm, thigh
-43 : Jagd head, Schaft, with rose icon
Image

Post Reply