Ssizz in ENG Vol. 12

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Shokatshin

Ssizz in ENG Vol. 12

Post by Shokatshin » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Hello there. I'm a bit of a new fan to Five Star Stories, my first exposure to the setting being two years ago at the San Diego Comic Con. I purchased the DVD detailing the first JP volume, and I thought it was fantastic, if a bit abrupt. I would've liked to get the mangas at the same time, but I barely had any funds.

Some days ago, I chanced on a store selling some FSS manga at half the listed price, and I managed to get ENG Volumes 1-12. I wish I could've gotten more, but again I was out of money...

In any case, I've gotten a little off track- I just finished reading volume 12 (Traffics 1 was awesome, by the way), but there was this part where Ssizz starts talking Japanese- around pg. 55 on the stapled version, I believe- and I was wondering if there was a translation? All that's given is romanji. :(

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:08 pm

That scene is an interesting one because in the original setting, the national language of Kulvulkan is English.
So in the Japanese version, Ssizz speaks English with no Japanese translation. :D

I have the original JP volume and I'll post that after work tonight if somebody doesn't by then.
And welcome to Gears.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:21 pm

You in San Diego Shokatshin?
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:36 pm

Starting from Eng vol XII, p 55, panel 7
All original formatting, including capitalization, line shifting, etc. retained.

MASTER!
"HE" is feeling uneasy
so, I'm switching to
mother tongue!

Ejecting
transport
armorcovers!

Retracting head,
chest block
reverting to
fixed point!

Extending down
legs!

Locking heal
and aizin!

Engaging power
to arms!

Clipping!

Unfolding
"MAIN BAIL"
all weapons
operational!!

"Spector shield" and
"E-N-G(energy) SWORD"
freefunctional!!

I'm reverting the head
and positioning
"BACK FACE"!!
continue...

Extending
stabilizer!!

5 seconds
till teleport

"HORN MAST"
locked!
Opening basinet!

Please...

My "SISTER" is
in danger...

Face
open!!

"IZLEZER SYSTEM"
gate open!!
Wake up my boy!!

"S.S.I.*
KULVULCAN"
transformation
complete!!
*S.S.I.KULVULCAN=Formal nbame of "Bang Doll"

Start to
teleport!!

Shokatshin

Post by Shokatshin » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:22 am

hitori: Thanks for the welcome and the translation, hitori! Ssizz ended up being my favorite Fatima after that scene. :D

Nu Soard: I'm more around National City, to be honest.

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:51 am

slightly OT here, i posted a message asking if there is a full transformation of the Bang Doll before. u guys seen it? i am not referring to the half-shown series of pictures in the manga where Bang Doll transform, what i want is something like in the book twin-tower where it shows the full detail of the jagd. any pictures shows the full details of the transformation?

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:05 am

junchoon wrote:slightly OT here, i posted a message asking if there is a full transformation of the Bang Doll before. u guys seen it? i am not referring to the half-shown series of pictures in the manga where Bang Doll transform, what i want is something like in the book twin-tower where it shows the full detail of the jagd. any pictures shows the full details of the transformation?
I've never seen anything like that anywhere...

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:28 am

hi N.O., i pm-ed ya, pls check. :)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:05 am

Shokatshin wrote:
Nu Soard: I'm more around National City, to be honest.
I'm in Escondido myself.
Shinei!

Shokatshin

Post by Shokatshin » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:31 am

Ah... You ever go to the SD Comic Con?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:29 am

Shokatshin wrote:Ah... You ever go to the SD Comic Con?
Whenever I can. I went this year, but I missed the previous two years because I was in Florida. But before that I would go almost every year.

I can't believe how HUGE its become. I remember when it was just a few thousand fanboys looking for good deals on comic back-issues and rare, hard-to-find anime. Now its this big media event. Last Con I was rocking out while Tenacious D played! A few years before that, I was partying along side Mark Hamil. (who is a big perv!)

Its totally crazy now.
Shinei!

Shokatshin

Post by Shokatshin » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:19 pm

It's true. But I didn't get to experience too much of that, as I only went on the first day. :(

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:53 pm

I usually go on Saturday. Thats when all the good stuff goes down. Though next year I intend to go all 4 days if possible. (my girlfriend does this every year)
Shinei!

Shokatshin

Post by Shokatshin » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:15 pm

Hehe, that's what my brother tends to do: go on all four days just in case there's something he doesn't know about that he'd likely want to go to.

I really miss the Kinokuniya booth from two years ago. I wonder if they'll ever do that again.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:56 pm

Was that from two years ago? I thought it was three. I went to the Comicon where they had the big FSS model display. It was gorgeous. Especially the MM: Auge!

FSS is on the downlow right now because Nagano is busy at work on some new designs. Hopefully when the manga gets going again, they'll pick back up with the English version and Kino will start promoting it again...
Shinei!