Five Star Stories JAP manga translations and synopsis

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Mahler_Seele

Five Star Stories JAP manga translations and synopsis

Post by Mahler_Seele » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:21 am

Hi All!

I was wondering... in Heika.net there used to be translations of the manga for those of us who have got the Japanese version of it (i-ve got them up to volume 9 JAP)... does anyone still have those translation and synopsis??? Can anyone please share them?

Thank you. I'm so glad there are so many other FSS enthusiastic people.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:09 pm

The manga has been published in English through Japanese volume ten.

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:49 pm

I don't have those translations anymore... :roll:

Sure it helped, cuz' even with the pictures you may misundertood certain parts... (and the back and forth narration doesn't help... I remember reading the chevalries translation but without the books... I was totally lost :wink: )

Mmh maybe adding the summary at the beginning of each book on Gears could be a good thing.

Mahler_Seele

Post by Mahler_Seele » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:51 pm

cobywan wrote:The manga has been published in English through Japanese volume ten.
I know it's been published in english. However I got all my FSS volumes in Japan and I'm sure many people have done that too. Besides, I don't live in the US so it's VERY difficult to get hold of the english version, although, I recognise, that would be the FAR BEST options :(

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:36 pm

Falk wrote:I don't have those translations anymore... :roll:
Me neither.
Mmh maybe adding the summary at the beginning of each book on Gears could be a good thing.
Thats something we intend to do at some point, but there's still a lot of profiles to flesh out. Once we're caught up there I'm sure we'll get to work on the story synopsis of each chapter.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: Five Star Stories JAP manga translations and synopsis

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:42 pm

Mahler_Seele wrote:Hi All!
Howdy!
I was wondering... in Heika.net there used to be translations of the manga for those of us who have got the Japanese version of it (i-ve got them up to volume 9 JAP)... does anyone still have those translation and synopsis??? Can anyone please share them?
I don't have them. I used to. Those translations were very handy. For a long time they were my only source of info on FSS. I still to this day lament the passing of Heika.net.

However, we have here a small but loyal group of FSS fans who provide intelligent discussion on FSS on a regular basis (when the Manga is running). If you have a question, simply post it and I'm sure it'll be answered in a timely manner. But first peruse this message board because all manner of topics have been discussed and I'm sure some of your questions can be answered by merely searching through old posts.

Also, when the FSS manga is running in newtype (or whenever a new book is released) there is quite a bit of discussion going on around here, so check back frequently. (right now its slow, because we're waiting for the release of book 12 and for Nagano to begin his latest chapter in Newtype)
Thank you. I'm so glad there are so many other FSS enthusiastic people.
As am I. For a long time I thought there was almost no one who was into this manga. Then I found Heika. Many of the old heika.net members post or lurk here, so you are not alone.

And welcome!
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:09 am

i juz found out that i did save the translations to my harddisk!

but seems like i cant get back the complete filenames and links to the pics are broken. these are the translation text files only, if u need the pics let me know.

http://z11.zupload.com/download.php?fil ... epath=1942
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Mahler_Seele

Post by Mahler_Seele » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:45 pm

Hey!!! That's very cool!!!! Thank you for the translations. Certainly the images would be a nice addition but what matters the most is the text. Thank you soooooo much!! I really appreciate it

sharky

Re: Five Star Stories JAP manga translations and synopsis

Post by sharky » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:41 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Mahler_Seele wrote:Hi All!
I don't have them. I used to. Those translations were very handy. For a long time they were my only source of info on FSS. I still to this day lament the passing of Heika.net.

As am I. For a long time I thought there was almost no one who was into this manga. Then I found Heika. Many of the old heika.net members post or lurk here, so you are not alone.

And welcome!
Let you in on a secret, you can go back in time to see the old heika.net
Just go to
http://web.archive.org
and type in heika.net
You can get back up to Sep 2004... :D

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:35 pm

I can't believe no one thanked you for posting this. This is one of the greatest things ever!

My head is swimming with nostalgic emotion.

THANK YOU!!