Check out my Lachesis

Post by NycRayJai » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:47 pm

hey guys, Im new the to forums
name's Ray.
this site is really nice.

http://nlstudio.us/VK/lach/lach.htm

KOG

Post by KOG » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:16 pm

The gold finish seems nicely shiny, what brand of paint did you use?

I notice your comment from August 2, 2002 mentions that this is a resin kit by Wave. It is actually a plastic kit...

I also noticed that you have left off all the decals that came with the kit.. any particular reason?

Pretty good overall though, seems like the seam lines are pretty well treated for the most part.

I definitely agree with your comments about the kit being floppy... I remember that well from when I built one.

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:47 pm

o cool, thanks
i forgot i wrote resin, that was like back when i was still new at modeling and i didn't know anything. lol

I used Tamiya Gold Paint with like 3 layers of clear sprays.
and i duno y i left off the decals.
i think cuz back then, i always messed up or didn;t know how to put on decals, so i never put on any decals for any of my models.
and i usally think of decals like stickers, and im afraid they will start to peel over time.
maybe i should try to put on decal then...
there was only 1 model i did decals for and it was this
suzuki bike model.
http://nlstudio.us/VK/hayabike/haya.htm

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:46 pm

NycRayJai wrote:i think cuz back then, i always messed up or didn;t know how to put on decals, so i never put on any decals for any of my models.
and i usally think of decals like stickers, and im afraid they will start to peel over time.
There are some products that will help you protect your decals. There is decal set solution which will soften the decal backing film, and cause it adhere more closely to the model surface.

And you can also apply clear topcoat over your model when it's finished, and this will protect decals as well as the paint job...

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:34 pm

yea i heard of decal softener, i seen someone use it in those model magazine, but i don't know where to get them in New York City.
i thought of using clear spray, but never did it, lol

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:41 pm

NycRayJai wrote:yea i heard of decal softener, i seen someone use it in those model magazine, but i don't know where to get them in New York City.
i thought of using clear spray, but never did it, lol
The sucky thing about the plastic KOG is that it used decals for some of the critical details... meaning it looks a bit naked without the decals. :)

Especially when you look at the shoulders.

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:52 am

ooo, lol
see i can't tell because im not a big FSS fan (don't kill me)
i 1st saw lachesis in a hobby japan, and i was like, cooool.....
then i saw the hobby store i go to have it.
they had 2 versions.
the one i have now, and one with a native american looking head. like a open flower.
i thought the cannon was cool so i bought this one.
then i heard there was a FSS movie, and i bought it, watched and liked it even more!
then i started working on the model after that.
maybe i'll try putting on the decal tomorrow, since i don't have class.
thanks