Wave 1/144 LED Mirage Ver.3

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:05 pm

Engage wrote:Personally, I like MH with heels. It gives them a gracefulness not found in other mecha...
I agree 100%.

Another question on the V.3 kit: Is it going to be poseable after completion or is it fixed pose?
It's a plastic kit based on the prior Wave 1/144 plastic IP kit, which was poseable, so I'd assume the V3 will be poseable as well.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:46 am

I prefer high heels too - very graceful. ;)

Anyway, about the LED and KOG versions - in the story, there is some sort of a constant upgrade programme. Even after its unveiling, Sopp keeps improving his machines.

So the KOG we saw in Vol 1 is probably v1, then about JP Vol 6 we see it in the midst of another upgrade (it was stripped), by the time of the unveiling in JC3007, the KOG is v3. It goes all the way to ver 11, when it will be called KOG II (according to Nagano becoz II looks like 11... lalalalal >_<)

Arusquul Auge and Water Dragon/Schpeltor are part of KOG series but they will not affect the KOG's own version number. Arusquul Auge will probably be remade into Patraqushe Mirage/KOG AT, and there will be at least a v8 for Patraqushe Mirage.

Similarly for the LED Mirages, first appearance in JC2989 Colus Hagooda War was v1, v2 was briefly mentioned in a few words in KF iirc, and then we have the v3 unveiled. I vaguely remember that one of the significant improvements of v3 is the active veils and sub-arms on its shoulders.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

DN

Post by DN » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:53 am

Amm... Don't know Plastic Model LED V3 can move more old ver. :|

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:28 am

HLJ has new pictures of this kit

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVX-08

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the shape of the head crest. I also think it would look better if the skirt armors flare out more.

jlyc

Post by jlyc » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:27 am

ditto about the head armour.

the side skirts are movable so you can definitely flare them out more.

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:20 pm

I've never liked the V3 head crest to begin with.

But I think the kit looks pretty good, for a cheap plastic kit. Those little arms that hold the shields sure do look fragile, don't they?

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:16 pm

Something just occured to me.

The Silicon Tribe 1/72 and this newer Wave kit both have the veils mounted on co-arms attached to the shoulder, while the 1/100 Volks V3 mounts the double-veils on the forearms in traditional fashion. Are these two different weapon systems, or is one version simply inaccurate?
John F. Moscato

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:00 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:Something just occured to me.

The Silicon Tribe 1/72 and this newer Wave kit both have the veils mounted on co-arms attached to the shoulder, while the 1/100 Volks V3 mounts the double-veils on the forearms in traditional fashion. Are these two different weapon systems, or is one version simply inaccurate?
Well, the Volks V3 should be based on the LED V3 that appeared during the LED unveiling ceremony scene in the manga. I don't have the manga with me, so I can't go back and see if the shield linkage system is clearly shown in those manga panels.

The Silicon Tribe and Wave kits, being produced later, are I think making some assumptions based on the LED Napalm art in Knight flags?

The LED Napalm is shown to mount those 2 'mini shields' via shoulder linkages.

So I guess the assumption with the ST and Wave kits is that the basic LED V3 would use the same linkage system for its larger shields.

Unless the LED V3 art in the manga clearly shows shoulder linkages (and I'm not sure it does), then we really have no way of knowing what the 'official' shield linkage setup should look like, until more LED V3 art appears.

Myself, I'm more of a fan of the way Volks did it, purely for aesthetic reasons.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:18 pm

Hi KOG.

I actually have the manga with me. Unfortunately, even the artwork is ambiguous as to how the large RAID GIG shields mount. It could very well be on the forearm, or in some places, it looks like it might be at the shoulder.

Personally, I prefer your explanation (mini shields = shoulder-mounted, large shield = conventional mount.)
John F. Moscato

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:51 am

The manga artwork is indeed ambiguous. Actually, many things in FSS are ambiguous. :wink:

After reading what Rubel Colus wrote above ("I vaguely remember that one of the significant improvements of v3 is the active veils and sub-arms on its shoulders"), I too was wondering which is the more accurate model.

What exactly constitutes an "active veil"? Does this indicate the veils should be mounted independant of the main arms and on sub-arms? Perhaps the answer lies in Japanese text in Knight Flags. :(

I think I prefer the Volks look over the ST and Wave look, but that's just my opinion.

DN

Post by DN » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:55 am

I don't like horn and why wave give flame decal at legs :evil: 4200 yen it's expensive a little bit :?

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:56 am

Stand it next to a resin 1:100 and it should look a little less expensive.

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:23 pm

Wave provided flame decals because the LED Napalm has flame decals on the legs, and they assume that LED V3 (base unit of LED Napalm) might need them to. It's a simple matter to not use the decals if you don't like them.

And yes, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the resin LED V3...

DN

Post by DN » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:51 am

Code: Select all

It's a simple matter to not use the decals if you don't like them.
Thanks Mr. KOG

It's so better.If they give flame decal in 1/144. (I like it.:o )

Yes guy, It's more cheaper than resin. But I think it high price if we prepare with another 1/144 FSS Plastic kits.

However, It's OK because Resin is very Expensive. :D

And In my idea,It's posibble the WAVE just have plan to build 1/100 Infrano Naplam Plastic kits in soon. (next year) :idea:

Engage

Post by Engage » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:18 am

Resin is VERY expensive though resin kits usually offer MH that arn't available in plastic. Too bad I can't afford a resin kit. I would love the mighty series or a Jagd Mirage (the Jagd is being restocked at HJL...for $893.23 plus shipping!!!)

Hasn't a 1/100 Inferno Napalm already been made? I think it was made by Volks though and it cost around $700 (it was a resin kit).

I would love a cheaper alternative to that...

Edit: I found the 1/100 Inferno on HJL. It is discontinued...

http://www.hlj.com/product/VOLFSS10