Wave 1/144 LED Mirage Ver.3

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Wave 1/144 LED Mirage Ver.3

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:28 am

Found a picture of the upcoming new kit from Wave. It looks quite nice for a plastic kit :D .

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:48 pm

new + plastic?

Wow, that mold sure is getting alot of use ^__^

I need to get me one of that one.... Any idea when it'll come out?

superdupont

Post by superdupont » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:46 pm

hi there ! first post...
Seems to be for october... It's on preorder on hlj.
Newbie question here (both for fss modelling and fss as a whole) what does this "v3" refer to ? They released a KOG v3 too before, does the "v3" stand for "improved version n°3" or is it a reference to an evolution of the "real" model in the series ?

jlyc

Post by jlyc » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:28 pm

got any more pics?

i've always liked wave kits....from the pic, this one is basically the same as the old led kit except for the heels and the side shields. i'd love to get one to complete my 1/144 led collection...but ouch the price is steep.

Engage

Post by Engage » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:14 am

I would love to have one of those...

I'd better start saving.

Welcome Superdupont! To answer your question, the LED Mirage V.3 is the third version of the LED Mirage in the manga, though I am not sure which book the V.3 makes an appearence in. As for the KOG V.3, I believe that it is merely the third sculpt of the kit.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:24 am

Engage wrote:I would love to have one of those...

I'd better start saving.

Welcome Superdupont! To answer your question, the LED Mirage V.3 is the third version of the LED Mirage in the manga, though I am not sure which book the V.3 makes an appearence in. As for the KOG V.3, I believe that it is merely the third sculpt of the kit.
No. Both LED V3 and KOG V3 are evolved versions of the designs, they are not simply improved kits.

LED V3 has high heels, different head crest, double shields, etc... KOG V3 has high heels, and is shown in the manga holding a ceremonial bow. Both LED V3 and KOG V3 were shown in the manga at the LED Mirage public unveiling ceremony scene.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:27 am

jlyc wrote:got any more pics?

i've always liked wave kits....from the pic, this one is basically the same as the old led kit except for the heels and the side shields. i'd love to get one to complete my 1/144 led collection...but ouch the price is steep.
And the modified heels, modified head crest, and of course the spear weapon.

I'll definitely get one or two to complement my 1/144 KOG V3.

Engage

Post by Engage » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:13 am

the LED Mirage V.3 is the third version of the LED Mirage in the manga, though I am not sure which book the V.3 makes an appearence in.
I said that the LED Mirage V.3 makes an appearence in the manga.

As for the KOG V.3: I don't have all of the FSS mangas yet (I only have #'s 1-11) so I didn't know that there was a third version of the KOG. I only knew about the KOG and the KOG AT, so I just assumed the V.3 was the third sculpt of the kit.

Question about the LED Mirage V.3 kit: Is that translucent armor or is it just the lighting?

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:32 am

Engage wrote:I said that the LED Mirage V.3 makes an appearence in the manga.
Yes, I know. I'm just mentioning that KOG V3 appeared at the same time as LED V3.

Question about the LED Mirage V.3 kit: Is that translucent armor or is it just the lighting?
LED V3 is supposed to have clear armor. However, some kits have clear armor and some don't. Volks LED V3, Volks LED Napalm, and Silicon Tribe LED V3 have clear armor. The Wave 1/144 kit does not seem to have clear armor, unlike the original Wave 1/144 LED release. But it's also possible that they just painted over the clear plastic... perhaps the actual Wave 1/144 LED V3 kit will feature clear armor parts.

DN

Post by DN » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:12 am

Finally! It's coming :P Yoooo....

superdupont

Post by superdupont » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:25 am

Thanks guys ! High heels... I guess I'll stick to "v1" versions then, until I get further into the manga and maybe the v3 designs grow on me. Who knows. :wink:

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:06 am

hotdiggity-dang! :shock:
gotta get me one a these babies...or maybe 2....or 3... :twisted:

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:15 am

superdupont wrote:Newbie question here (both for fss modelling and fss as a whole) what does this "v3" refer to ? They released a KOG v3 too before, does the "v3" stand for "improved version n°3" or is it a reference to an evolution of the "real" model in the series ?
Hi there,

I asked this question once a long time ago on another message board, but I can't recall getting a decent answer. So let me confuse you. :)

V1 and V3 for LED is straight forward. Not sure what happened to V2.

As for KOG... there are two possible answers. Firstly, I assume V1 KOG is seen when Sopp rescues Lachi in Japanese Volume One. The same machine is upgraded numerous times... all the way to Version 11, which is what Kallen pops out of in the taika-verse (English volume 11, page 58 of the square bound books - you can see "virsion XI" actually written on the head). V3 KOG just happens to be where Sopp is up to with modifications at 3007, when it makes its appearence in the manga.

The second answer is more general. The machine commonly called KOG is Sopp's third attempt at the ultimate MH. I have seen Water Dragon/Schpeltor referred to as KOG V1, and Auge referred to as KOG V2. In fact, those designations are used on the MH reference pages here are Gears. Interestingly, Auge was rebuilt into KOG AT/ Patrashuie Mirage, which is also called KOG V2. In other words, it remains KOG V2. What came after Schpeltor and Auge...? KOG, of course. Hence, The Knight of Gold that everyone recognises (big head, gold colour) is (in one sense, at least) KOG V3, but to avoid confusion it is just called KOG. So there you have an answer that is really a non-answer.

The first answer is more relevant to your original question. KOG V3 and LED V3 are both characterised by high heels and both appear in the manga in the year 3007 at the Mirage unveiling ceremony. If v3 referred to "new and improved model kit version", we would be up to about KOG and LED v6000 by now. :wink:

superdupont

Post by superdupont » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:40 am

Hey, thanks for your non-answer :wink:
I definitely don't like the "high heels", though comparing the models' pictures and with the help of your explanations I see style differences a bit better... And regret the Schpeltor-style feet. I see it's sometimes referenced to as the "KOG water dragon", that sure makes a lot of KOGs. I hope Wave will release a plastic 1/144 Schpeltor...

Engage

Post by Engage » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:53 pm

Personally, I like MH with heels. It gives them a gracefulness not found in other mecha...

Another question on the V.3 kit: Is it going to be poseable after completion or is it fixed pose?