FAC 2005

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:01 pm

For me, I don't think it's a question of how good/poorly it turned out. It's just surprising to see such a MH kit appearing anywhere. But yes, I agree that it has room for tons of improvements.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm

Orange right. Awesome. I remember posting here months ago that it was strange nobody had attempted to build one...

Redcomet0093

Post by Redcomet0093 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:14 pm

This Rouge Mirage from FAC 2005 looks really cool.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:16 pm

Wow, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that, if it was 1/100...

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:25 pm

Wow indeed! That's the nicest Rouge sculpt I've ever seen :D

I could be mistaken, but it looks like it could very well be 1/100.
John F. Moscato

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:56 am

A picture of 1/100 Berlin SR-2.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:10 am

Berlin Sr2 is gorgeous.

Orange Right looks.. strange. Maybe it's the veils? I ain't touching it with a 20ft pole anyway.. Twin Tower hurt me too much. =p

Strange that the Orange Right is displayed with Volks Hugtrang..

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:12 pm

u guys notice the white MH in the background?

looks like a heavy Feedorah ? :shock:

http://angelsrep.plala.jp/~fumiyuki/fig ... 1_0702.jpg
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:40 pm

...And while we're at it, what the hell is that ungodly-large, red-legged MH we see at left? :shock: Looks to be a tad on the crude side, but it looks like it at least deserves some courtesy camera-time.
John F. Moscato

sarion

Post by sarion » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:08 pm

John F. Moscato wrote:...And while we're at it, what the hell is that ungodly-large, red-legged MH we see at left? :shock: Looks to be a tad on the crude side, but it looks like it at least deserves some courtesy camera-time.
my best guess is that it's an Ashura Temple

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:58 pm

A site featuring photos from FAC2005

http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~shirowan/fac2005/fac2005.htm

I really like this Junchoon!

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:00 pm

I agree, the big red guy SEEMS to be an Ashura... given that it has an axe...

I really wish I could see more on the Fedorah....

Berlin Sr2 looks pretty decent, though I suspect the WSC version will be better. The FAC version has a slight crudeness or simplicity to it.

I've wanted an Orange Jagd for a while... but this one doesn't look right to me. Especially the legs. I thought it was supposed to have long skinny legs like Green Jagd? The legs on this kit look quite thick, and oddly angled... the legs remind me of more traditional Mirage MH legs.

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:08 pm

All this harping on the Orange Right design... Where was a picture of the Orange Right ever published?

Although I don't own every FSS book ever published, I've never seen a picture of the full Orange Right MH. I certainly don't count the BG of Characters 1 as a good reference...

-Newt

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:19 pm

Newton wrote:All this harping on the Orange Right design... Where was a picture of the Orange Right ever published?

Although I don't own every FSS book ever published, I've never seen a picture of the full Orange Right MH. I certainly don't count the BG of Characters 1 as a good reference...

-Newt
There's been a few appearances of the Orange Right Jagd...

It showed up a while ago (vol 8 or 9 maybe of the japanese version?) alongside the green left jagd... floating in space, ready to assault the planet below.

It then showed up more recently (vol 10 japanese?) at the unveiling ceremony for the LED Mirage fleet.

You can see the images at this site:

http://www.mechadream.com/jagdorange.htm

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:17 am

KOG:

Thanks for turning me on to a new website! Also, thanks for pointing out a shot of the Orange Right I've never seen before. I now will clarify my point:

Considering there are no full-body pictures of the Orange Right, how can one say what is and is not out of proportion with the model presented in the photograph? It looks to me like the artist did a phenomenal job of extrapolation based on the relatively small and definitely obscure shots of the mech we've seen so far.

You're obviously right in the multiple appearances of the Orange Right. However, all the appearances are partial views. We didn't really know what the Green Left looked like until Twin Tower. We still don't know what the Orange Right fully looks like. I think the artist who worked his butt off on the Orange Right model deserves a medal for modeling a mech of which we have only seen maybe one-third at best.

-Newt