Volks reissues

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:49 pm

happy hopping wrote:I never quite get this one. The first ver. is AF. The second ver. is AF and the shield looks different, that's all.

But back then, Volks release an AF in 97 when MM are all available. That was already a surprise. Now re-issue AF? I can't imagine what's next.

BUt this is great, it brings down the price of those who hold on to the older kits. As they got to be some that concern Volks will release other older kits, as such, sell their ones at a lower price.
This is more of an aircraft than a robot, there's no need for it to be MM...

I'm not worried about this re-issue bringing down the value of my old original, since I bought the kit for building, not for selling.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:29 pm

Did anyone else notice that they're also releasing the Queen and Meagalla that were originally sold as pre-paints as actual kits?

elemental

Post by elemental » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:11 am

I noticed. I want that Megaira/Megaella/whateveryouwannacallher. :)

I didn't know that she was previously only available as a pre-painted. Hopefully HLJ wil stock her. That series of Volks 1:8 figures is really becoming a quality line-up.

I didn't mention the other day, and many of you would probably have noticed they are re-releasing the Eleshis. Quite some unusual choices in this batch of re-issues.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:32 am

elemental wrote:I noticed. I want that Megaira/Megaella/whateveryouwannacallher. :)

I didn't know that she was previously only available as a pre-painted. Hopefully HLJ wil stock her. That series of Volks 1:8 figures is really becoming a quality line-up.

I didn't mention the other day, and many of you would probably have noticed they are re-releasing the Eleshis. Quite some unusual choices in this batch of re-issues.
Hm... I just wish they would get around to releasing something new. :(

elemental

Post by elemental » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:52 am

two new kits from WSC in the same week, and you still want more :p

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:19 am

elemental wrote:two new kits from WSC in the same week, and you still want more :p
Of course!

I'm THRILLED about the new WSC stuff, but there's still plenty more new MH left undone, and Volks has a special style all its own...

After seeing Silicon Tribe Calvary R... there's still plenty of room for Volks to do a nicer rendition. :)

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:22 am

A role reversal btwn. Volks and WSC. I am pleasantly surprise
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:58 am

Volks booth at WF Summer.

According to the guy I know who took this pic, the little stickers you can see on Queen and whatnot state that their stock had sold out, and you were too slow to come up and buy one.

... and I didn't get my LED V3. :(

elemental

Post by elemental » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:14 am

So no queen or eleshis or air headd at hlj anytime soon... unless they make more stock (or have stock they didn't take to WF).

No sign of any new kits either?

KOG

Post by KOG » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:34 pm

No sign of anything new. :(

I guess it's really time for WSC to steal the spotlight.