Wave 1/100 LED Mirage

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:31 am

It does look impressive for a plastic kit. Very nicely painted :D .

Mave

Post by Mave » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:34 am

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. :D
Looks like you built Aisha's LED?
Yeah, I have a soft spot for her... nothing like a tall,whimsy and greenhaired woman who can kick your ass in five seconds :)
The added 'V3 style' markings are nice as well.
I was actually planning to bash together a highheel-style feet but it was too much work and alittle over my league...
I would note that you missed painting the green 'sensor thingy' on the inner side of the shield. It's the little rounded heart-shaped area at the bottom tip of the inside face of the shield.
Oops! Looks like you caught me there! :oops:
I didnt have any transparent green color and was kinda too cheap to get it just to paint that little part haha.
Are those giant FEMC letters on the outside face of the shield sculpted into the kit? Or are they decals? Or did you add them personally?
I painted them on myself using masking tape to "limit" the border of the letters. Sounded at first like a good idea but I used a marking pen... BAD idea it turned out. The masking tape or rather the sticky side sucked up some color and the result was some smudged lines. I tried to rectify it but if you squint you can still see some booboo with the lines... :(
It wasnt supposed to be such huge letters but some miscalculations there too...

Have some more pics

errol

Post by errol » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:18 pm

SWEEET!!

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:08 am

Very Clean, very nice job. You have a few ink spot at the letter FEMC, but rather than that, it's very well done. Panel line is very clean, but you seems to skip the panel lines at the bottom of the feet.

As well, because this is a cheap plastic kit, the "chains" dangled from the rear is supposed to follow the law of gravity, so it becomes unrealistic when the LED Mirage is at a declining angle that the chains are not pointing towards the ground.

This is not your fault but have you consider cutting off that part and manually mod the kit via adding very small gold plate chains?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Mave

Post by Mave » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:05 am

Very Clean, very nice job. You have a few ink spot at the letter FEMC, but rather than that, it's very well done. Panel line is very clean, but you seems to skip the panel lines at the bottom of the feet.
Thanks!
As I mentioned in the above post...the letters were kinda a screw up haha :(
The sole of the feet are indeed inked but maybe it doesnt show up very well on the pics...
As well, because this is a cheap plastic kit, the "chains" dangled from the rear ...*snipped*... mod the kit via adding very small gold plate chains?
Ive seen some examples of the chain solution but the hobby supply stores in Sweden kinda suck... :| (I hope you're not implying I buy REAL gold chains and cut them up :shock: )
I was actually thinking of warping the plastic by burning/solding it but decided against it in fear of burning it too much out of shape and that it would look really strange if the MH was in a static pose but the chains are "in-action" so to speak.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:32 pm

Actually, I think copper colored chains are better than gold colored ones. The LED kits I've had which included chains, included copper colored ones.

As for the green colored bit on the shield, there's always time to paint it later. :)

About the FEMC lettering on the shield... which piece of reference did you work from? They just seem really really... big.

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:05 am

About the FEMC lettering on the shield... which piece of reference did you work from? They just seem really really... big.
As I said above, it was a miscalculation/misjudgement from my part :oops: but the general sources I worked from was the Knight Flags cover and some scans fran Hobby Japan I think. (which featured the Wave re-release of the same kit but with translucent milky plastic and V3 style decals)